Tuesday, April 29

making it official

It's finally over! We signed the papers this afternoon and we are officially homeless. It feels great! Harland and I ran over to the house to put some last bits of garbage out and do one last run through before we went to our attorney's. It's a good thing we did because something made me decide to check the dishwasher and low and behold...dishes!

I thought I might feel a pang of sadness leaving our first home. The one we moved into exactly 3 days before the girls were born. The one Grace proceeded to throw up all over the carpet for a couple months, leaving stains that NO Bissel contraption out there can remove. The one they learned to eat, crawl, walk, talk, play, sing, fight and giggle in. The one that Harland and I learned the good and bad in ourselves as parents (so far anyway). But then again, it's also the one that had carpeting in the dining area and no eat in kitchen with a foot of counter space. The one with a teeny, tiny living room/toy room/family room/physical therapy gym/everything-under-the-sun room, and that was about it for living space. The one that sometimes shared the neighbors arguments through the front entrance wall. The one where the neighborhood kids used to think golf was a good idea right infront of all our houses, resulting in more than enough property damage to go around.

I knew there was a reason we were moving! So when Harland and I closed the door and got into our car I asked him if he felt sad. We both looked at eachother and said, "No!". We definitely have a lot of great memories, but we are ready to move on and not look back!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

This house did have alot in it for your first home. But moving on to bigger and better things and frankly a nicer neighborhood will make you realize that you have totally forgotten about Bound Brook. You will be so happy in a month. And you are not homeless silly... The next month will seem long, but you have enough to occupy yourself for the next few weeks. See you in Disney roomie!! The best place on earth!

Sandra said...

Congrat's!!! It was a cute little house and I am sure it will miss you a lot.

Can't wait for the party!

HRP said...

It was a house of a lot of firsts. First kids. First bath. First steps. First laughs. First food.
I remember dancing in the living room with my babies. Or putting in the TV system. Arguments, kisses, stresses, happiness. Stuffing a ton of relatives in the living room for a party, while we watched the girls' first year in pictures and music. We partied with our neighbors, shot potatoes into the sky, grilled a ton of meat in the backyard. i remember sitting on the porch eating a gourmet dinner on a cool September evening.
But I too am excited to move on - even just to save and get more out of our taxes. This will be the great next step.
Tallyho!

my rebel took over said...

Bound Brook? What's that? LOL!

Critchlow said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (huge sigh of relief). There is nothing more sereal than having sold your house. It is as though it can't possibly be true that you are no longer liable for the mortgage. Good job Jersey Ponds- slump market...no problem!