Fast forward to trying to pay and leave the store. You try and tell a 3 year old that they can't take the bike they've been test driving home RIGHT NOW. That was loads of fun. Grammy,very kindly to me (since Harland was traveling home that day and Pop-Pop was sick), paid to have them assembled so I didn't have to sit outside for a few hours fighting the girls off with a stick, or a wrench, while I put them together (memories of putting the trikes together last year are coming flooding back), but of course, it took a couple hours for them to be ready. This is how the girls played for very close to two hours in anticipation of Grammy's arrival with the bikes:
Our new neighbor thought I was seriously over protective until I told them about the bikes.
They both fell off within the first 10 minutes, and were too excited to care. They got right back on.
Oh, more importantly I should mention that my Aunt Judy babysat them last night for me. She took them to the pizza place for dinner and you KNOW they had to wear their helmets, arm and knee pads. And they walked all the way home in them too. I wasn't too sure I was going to successfully get them to school this morning without them, but they actually didn't put up a fight when we left (because of course they put them right back on when they woke up this morning).
Thanks Grammy and PopPop! You know already that they're thrilled.
8 comments:
It's a song by Queen. Do I get a prize?
Great pictures. Now you have to do a video so that we can see them in action. This will get them ready for the big bikes in the garage in another year. As for the princess bike and Abby, what else for the queen on princesses. (Is that a word?) Glad Bunny is safe.
I can not wait until there are 3 girls with 3 bikes at my house!!
Wow, they look very protected. Those helmets are huge and you know you are just bragging about the size of Abby's head.
They are so cute they look like someone sprinkled shrinking pixie dust on regular size bikes. I didn't know they made two wheelers that small.
Here's to our new Easy Riders.
bl - You get a big ol' pat on the back. I know. I know. I'm so generous.
Cloud - Hopefully we'll get a video soon. Unfortunately I heard we're in for a bit of rain, so it might be a while.
Nikki - More like 3 girls crashing into eachother in your driveway! Grace likes to look behind her while she rides. 'nuf said.
Sandra - What can I say...she's a genius! lol... The bikes are tiny.
Wish us luck packing up the remainder of our basement and all our pictures and such. What do you think the chances of us getting that done are??
Those girls look like they are ready for a girl biker Derby league competition. That look that Abby has almost looks as though she is ready to kill with all of her padding. It's like a Harley for the kids. Except the black has been replaced with pink!
I'll admit that I wasn't intending to force the elbow/knee padding if they didn't want to wear them (they came with the helmets), but the girls insist on it, so how can I argue with that?!
Post a Comment