Saturday, April 19

moving: phase 1 (of 3)

Yeah, you heard me right. There are 3 phases to this move. Phase 1: Move to my brother's apartment. Phase 2: Pack up and move everything else to the storage unit. Phase 3: Move in to the new house.

Today we got settled at my brother and sister-in-law's in record time, thanks to their willingness to add our 2 gremlins to their brood for the day. I love my girls, but you don't realize just how much they slow you down until you accomplish something without them! We also got a great jump on what's left to pack for the storage unit today. My Dad patched holes and removed picture hooks like a champ and my mother packed up all the toys downstairs. I think tonight is the first evening I haven't felt completely stressed out in a long time. I even had to start wearing my night guard again because I've been grinding my teeth, and I do NOT want to deal with that pain again.

A few pics from the hot tub this evening:

Ok, quick side note. Nikki had that tiara in her hair for about an hour or so, and had completely forgot about it until she went in to change Savannah. I thought she was using it to keep her hair off her face...

Thanks to Jeff & Nikki ahead of time for putting up with us for over a month!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I was waiting for a Phase one blog entry. I will do the same today. I was so tired last night that I could not do it last night! Thank you for kinda clarifying the tiara thing. Prego brain!! Madison is upstairs waiting to hear if the girls are awake... good thing you are downstairs on a slab or she would have been knocking at 7 am.

Sandra said...

Looks like fun. Why don't you just ditch the next two phases, save some money and have a big family home.

Critchlow said...

If moving looks like this I'll move anytime.

PS: You wear a mouth gaurd to bed? That's REAL attractive. Because nothing says you are ready for bed than looking like Mike Tyson before bedtime.

my rebel took over said...

Sandra...I like my brother (and his family) too much to do that to our relationship...that's why phases 2 and 3 are a must! So far, so good though, right guys??

Critch...When you're only moving your necessities, it's not too bad. Actually, it makes you realize just how much of your stuff is just crap....and yes, I'm supposed to wear a night guard and I do look and sound ridiculous when I do. It's very sexy. I mean thexy. Apparantly I take my stress out on my teeth. I haven't had to wear it too much until right before we got into the heat of moving.

Critchlow said...

"...we got into the heat of moving"?! Keep these things to yourself.

Is it you that takes your stress out on your teeth or is Harland taking his stress out by punching you in the face at night?

my rebel took over said...

That's a good question Critch. That might explain the bruising...