Tuesday, April 1

deja vu


Ok, so like, remember when this happened back in the day?

I thought I was going to have a repeat performance on my hands this morning, although this time with Abby. I'm upstairs getting dressed and I hear a scream. You know the one. It's not the "Grace took something from me!" or "I want that toy Grace has and she's not sharing (even though Grace barely picked it up 2 seconds ago)!" scream. Oh no. It's the blood curtling something-that-once-was-attached-to-my-body-is-no-longer-there scream.


I practically jump down my stairs to find Abby laying in the corner of the living room awfully close to the end table. I quickly survey the scene and surmise that it was Abby, on the arm of the couch, with the revolver! Oh, wait, I mean by the looks of the couch cushions, half of which are on the floor and Grace perched behind one, I know that Abby was messing around on the arm of the chair AGAIN, and this time actually landed on the corner of the end table. I pick her up, and what? Yup. That's blood on the back of her head.
After pressing a towel to the back of her head for a while I decided to brave it and remove it, fully accepting that blood was going to squirt at me, just like with Grace, so I could survey the damage. Phew! No squirt this time. That's a good sign. I parted her hair and there it is, a nice little hole. Much, much smaller scale problem than Graces, but I still thought a trip to the Dr might be in order. Thankfully by the time we got there, it had stopped bleeding on it's own, and no staples necessary. He said if it keeps opening, then we'll have to do something, but so far, so good.


My kids are trying to kill me. How about yours?


PS: Adi, I found a blog for you! Cupcakes Take The Cake

6 comments:

Nikki said...

If it is not one thing it is another. I know.. you have head injuried and I have pukers!! Will it ever stop??

Sandra said...

Wow, sorry to hear that. I thought about leaving Gabriel out and about while I took a shower this morning thinking, what could happen? I thought again and gated him up. Similarly, he cannot be trusted. Here's to no trips to the hospital yet.......we have been oh so close.

Did you get a pic of the hole, she needs her own scrapbook page too!

Cindy said...

Ack! I'm glad the worst we've had is bit tounges and lips! Glad all is OK!

Flying Cloud said...

You do realize that your kids should both have Lynn as their middle names. I'm really glad it skipped a generation. I think that you will have to learn to like the color red. Glad it wasn't too serious. Just tie the hair in knots to close it off. The hair grows out and the knot disappears. Ask Belinda.

Anonymous said...

I thought for sure, you were going to end your story with saying that they had put ketchup in her hair, and fooled you. Sorry to find out that it was real injury. I'm glad everyone is ok now. I don't know how I would react with a head injury.

Critchlow said...

Nasty, Nasty and oh, yeah Nasty. I thought we had discussed this the first time you published this scrappy scrap page of staples.

Apparently the discussion was with no avail. Does Frankenstein NOT bother you? Because it does me.