Friday, February 22

a few more pictures of the house...

Our realtor sent us the old listing for the house we're buying and there were some better pictures in it(I like that I can see what the new owners did to the house), and since I'm excited about the house I'm going to make you all sit through more pictures...

The other end of the kitchen. Looks like they updated the knobs to silver ones. H, can't you see places for all our beloved kitchen gadgets in here??? I'm really looking forward to not having to get most of my food out of the basement...

The "eat-in" part of the kitchen...I think the light fixture and maybe the wall color is different now... The family room, aka, the girls future play room. It's painted two-tone of a pretty intense blue now...I think I like this better. It looks a lot brighter...
Ok, the reason I'm including more pictures of the bathroom is for an opinion. I wanted you to be able to see the floor and the shower, etc... Is there a color that I can put with that would look good? The previous owner did black with it, the latest owner did white. I'm ok with that, but really a black or white bath mat will show every little speck of dust and whatever that gets on it. I'd love to have a little color in here, but I'm not good with that. So help!!!



Oh, and while you're thinking of color opinions, have a look at the kitchen again. What color(s) can I put in there that will go with grey and brown? Really...gray and brown??? I still can't figure that one out.

So psyched!!! Now if the seller just didn't want to extend the closing until the end of June...

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I will give you more opinion of color when I can see it in person. So it looks like the house is officially yours. What are the two prospective closing dates so I can let Jeff know when he has to bring his muscles to your house this time!! Tee hee hee. Sorry I will not be able to help... I will watch the girls when you need them out of your hair while you pack and move!

my rebel took over said...

Good, I'm not that good with colors. I second guess myself alot.

We're still in attorney review on the new house. I'll feel better once that's done. There were a few minor dumb things they wanted changed in the contract, so hopefully soon. We're going try to set up an appointment to walk through the house (partly so Harland's parents can see it before they move), so if anyone else is interested in seeing it then, you're all more than welcome to come along. It should be this upcoming week, in the evening.

Oh, and I will probably be taking you up on the offer to watch the kiddies for us!

Sandra said...

It looks great. So excited for you. Bathroom color might be a beige. But I think the white looks really good already, then there is less to paint.

Haven't checked your location, I think you'll be more than 45 minutes away now, probably like an hour if it's near Jeff's, that's not too bad, especially if there's a messy playroom to play in.

my rebel took over said...

Yeah, we're a bit closer to Jeff, but we're on the other side of town from him. However long it'd take you to get to the circle, it'll take about 5 more minutes on 202 from there.

Unknown said...

pretty bathroom! I agree that the white looks nice. good luck with all the house craziness!

:) Melissa

Critchlow said...

I won't have a chance to see it and I am male so color might not be my thing. I will say however, you are always safe with rich reds and purples when faced with black and white.

The house looks wonderful. It is my deepest hope that you and HarHar get it. Thanks for sharing. And no offense- but I am so sick of snow.

my rebel took over said...

Hmmm...a deep red might be really nice in that bathroom...thanks Critch. Oh...and I'm sick of snow now too. I've had my fill and spring can start tomorrow please. I would really like to take my kids to the park...

Anonymous said...

ok, I commented on this days ago, but for some reason it got lost. Anyways...I am way excited for you too, change is always fun. I think accenting with a light shade of green would be nice in the bathroom. So when do you guys close?

my rebel took over said...

We're on the same wavelength Cas. I saw a bathroom in a magazine that was similar colors that had a nice green in it that I liked. Which would work since what we already have is green.

We're still working out the closing dates. As of this moment we close on our house April 3rd (trying to push that to the end of the month) and on the one we're buying May 30th (The seller wants to push back til the end of June!).