Saturday, September 8

Proud Mama


She did it! Abby finally went on the toilet. She's been pretty willing to sit on it for a while, but nothing ever happened. We had Grace in "big girl panties" all day and after their nap Abby wanted a pair too. She tried a few times, but nothing. Then, this evening she did it! Ok, it was just a squirt, but she was so excited about it. So she earned a slurpee run. Ok, I'll admit that she wet her pants about 10 minutes after she went on the toilet, but hey! It's a start!



Oh, and Nikki, I know you'll be interested in the 5, count 'em 5 accidents of Graces and 1 of Abby's I cleaned up today! I wasn't planning on sticking them in underwear for a while, but we knew we'd be home all day for once, so we took advantage. In Graces defense, she did go on the toilet 2 or 3 times too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH... I am so proud! Accidents aside... they did great! I too know about accidents... but mine are #2... YUCK! and every day! Make them wear dresses...they are easier to clean up! I will be coming with surprises!!

Adi said...

Well Well! Good for them. However, aside from moms in the same situation-such detail in their efforts is quite sick. Particularly the word "squirt" So I will represent the childless and say GROSS! That being said-congrats to the girls!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo Abby!! Yeah, I remeber when we had potty boot camp. Its a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Now in relation to BM discussions I can talk you all under the table. Smooth, junky, light, dark, mass, size and texture- it is all my specialty. Good on you Abby! With all the "squirt"ing I would tell your parents to lay off the fruit and cheedos and start giving you some fiber. That way you can learn the art of avoiding work while sitting on the potty and relaxing with a book for an hour or so. Just ask your dad he's like a black belt in this art. Its called Camode-a-Fu!!