Monday, September 10

Parent Orientation Night - GASP!

I got a call this morning from the director of the girls preschool reminding me that Parent Orientation is tonight. I hadn't thought about going since the girls aren't potty trained and it isn't looking too promising for the near future. She suggested I come anyway so I can talk to their teachers and meet the other parents. The teachers are no problem, my Mom taught with one of them for years. It's the meeting the parents I'm not all that excited about. I'm actually nervous! I want to make some friends for the girls, ok, and myself. I feel pressure to make a great first impression which, I think, automatically dooms me to botch it, don't you?

I found myself spending about a half hour in front of my closet figuring out what to wear. After about 15 minutes I was thinking, "What are you doing?! Why are you trying to impress these people?" But apparantly I am. What's worse is Harland is away, so I have to go it alone. Oh, ok, alright! I asked my mother to go with me! Go ahead, make fun of me. She knows alot of people there and I'll be more comfortable.

So from about 7:30 on tonight, you can sit back and chuckle to yourself at the thought of me trying to just be myself, and failing miserably at it!

No comments: