What an amazing weekend! I know, you're thinking, "Amy, the weekend is only half over". Ok, what an amazing half weekend! Harland's group at work gets together twice a year for an all expense paid "team building get together". Once a year their spouses are invited. It just so happens that two weeks into the job was this years' gathering. I'm feeling spoiled. I was excited to get away this weekend, but Cooperstown, NY didn't sound all that exciting (since I'm not a baseball fan), until we got off the highway for the 45 minutes it took to get there (that's 45 minutes after we got off the highway, it was more like a 4.5 hour trip). That is some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. It rivals the Thousand Islands. A slightly different kind of beauty, but gorgeous in it's own. The town was so nice and the old homes were beautiful. Maybe it's just because the leaves are changing and it was an absolutely perfect day today.
We stayed at the Otesaga Resort right on lake Otsego (or lake glimmerglass). We had a private room for dinner in their 4 star restaurant last night, for which they provided us a babysitter (and she was wonderful). We went to a working farm, the Pumkin festival (The prize winner was over 1,300 pounds, tomorrow they hollow them out and kids have a regatta in the lake IN the pumkins), took a boat tour of the lake, and visited the cider mill (where we saw a species of duck I've never seen before...picture to follow). The girls had a great time. The wonderful staff at the hotel were so great with the girls. Everywhere we went to eat, or walk, someone would say "ooooh! You're the twins!" And go out of their way to make our lives easier. (I should note that we were the only ones who brought our kids...we couldn't line up a sitter on such short notice, and his boss told us to bring them.)
Ok, now I'm just rambling. It was so great, and Harland's new coworkers were a riot and their spouses were all so fun. I'm excited to be a part of the Grundfos family now. We wish we could have stayed for tonights' festivities, but we also wouldn't miss our new baby niece's baptism tomorrow for anything!
I think I'll post some pictures in a separate post (We took over 500 in one day. I think that's my new record).
No comments:
Post a Comment