Saturday, September 15

The Adventures of Pinky and Bunny

If you've been around my girls much, you're familiar with Pinky and Bunny already. For those of you who are not, they are the girls lovies. Essentially a stuffed animal head on a small blankie. Grace's is a bunny creatively named "Bunny" and Abby's is the elephant named "Pinky". Like most kids, they've had them since they were babies, and I'm regretting not buying a backup!

This summer Harland started making up stories for the girls called The Adventures of Pinky and Bunny. The girls think this is the greatest thing ever. Today, Harland and I decided we couldn't wait until their party to give them their gift from us (kid-proof digi cameras), so Harland came up with a new adventure to prolong the agony of actually presenting the gifts. The Adventures of Pinky and Bunny: The Search for Abby and Grace's Birthday Gift.


He took P & B around in and out of our house taking pictures of their search for the perfect gift. So as Harland told them the story tonight, he showed them pictures of what P & B did. Their faces lit up. It was so cute! Then at the end, we passed them the gifts P & B had told us to get, and the freak-out began. They've consistently been telling us for a couple months that they want a camera. They even told me what color they wanted. Their cousin Maddie got one when her sister was born, and they've been drooling over it. I'm fairly certain my eyesight is perminantly damaged after all the flashes going off.

Here's them taking a picture of eachother:


A sample of Grace's first photos:

The picture Grace was taking when I took the one above.



Very attractive!

Grace's first self-portrait.



A sampling of Abby's first photos:

Abby's view of that same picture.

Harland pretending to be a monster at the direction of the girls.

And another very attractive one of me, also being a monster as I'm told.

8 comments:

HRP said...

They are such cuties! Now we have pictures of toes, dad making breakfast, the car seat - aspects of our little girls' lives. It's like when you attach a camera to the cat.
And the Adventures of Pinky and Bunny - a little outlet for the bit of creativity I have. Maybe we need a really epic story - I'll have to think about this one. Maybe the Adventures of Pinky and Bunny and the Last Crusade.
Harland

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. We are stupid enough to give the kids our actual cameras. I love seeing what they take pictures of- teddy bears, starwars toys, the toilet, etc.

Those blankets are cool. I think Harland had something like that growing up...it was called Snuffles it was a soft purple cow. Harland was so cute the way he would cry, rocking back and forth with Snuffles.

Old Optonline account said...

LOL...snuffles. I'll have to tease him about that. These cameras are great! The girls can turn them on and take the pictures by themselves. I haven't showed them how to delete, because I don't want them to!

Old Optonline account said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HRP said...

There was no such thing Snuffles the purple cow. And no crying and rocking back and forth. Unless you refer to yourself in those moments I had once again squashed you in a fight, sat triumphantly over you while you cried, rocked your head back and forth and begged for mercy. I bet you still wake up in the middle of the night screaming in fear from another Fonging. So cut out the slander - Watch out or I'll fong you so hard...
Harland

Adi said...

One question...fong?

HRP said...

Yes...fong...I stand by that. Just go watch "Knight's Tale".

Anonymous said...

Yeah, denial is the first step. Unlike yourself I don't deny I rocked in bed! And it has resulted in a wonderful marriage- I still rock in bed. Yes, but I would prefer you stop posting my personal matters.
I was mistaken about Snuffles it was a yellow lion blanket- mine was white with sheep. Adriel's was the multicolored blanket of torn appart threads. So unlike the story you slanderously post, the truth is we were very kind to each other minus the missing blanket game.

I trust your daughters are the same. They need something to cuddle with- and yes you did cuddle with the yellow lion blanket. What does that stand for? Something like a cowardly knight?

I wish I had those cool cameras growing up. Remember Brooke, Ian, Ryan and Julie? Remember my finger nail falling off after being crushed at the construction site near our house? Remember your fight with John at ISS? And Belle's with Joel? The bus drivers and the headmaster? Good times...