Wednesday, September 12

Parent Orientation Night - The Results Show

I was so tempted to delete that post about orientation. I'm not sure what made me decide to share that but oh well. What's done is done and now you have a little glimpse into my sometimes ridiculous self.

Orientation went fine. I was joking with everyone saying we were doing a dry run for next year. I was close to tears a few times while the director spoke. Not because my babies are growing up, but because I know how much they're going to love it and they can't have it yet! Ok, there was a little of the "my babies are growing up" in there too. There was almost no time to talk to the other parents so I didn't make a fool of myself. I guess one of the things that I'm paranoid about is that I tend to be significantly younger than other Mom's with kids the same age as mine. I think I get written off before I even get a chance sometimes.

Anyway, personal insecurities aside, the teachers and I agreed that having the girls come on the first day of school to see what it is might encourage their potty training, so on Tuesday morning we got up and got the girls dressed and then told them we were going to school. They LOVED it! I thought Abby might cling a little bit, but that only lasted about 3 minutes. Grace took one look at the easel and red paint and she was in love. They can't wait to go back.

It's going to be a while though. I take a very laid back approach to potty training for my own sanity of having to do it with two at once, but I knew they would love school and I was letting myself feel pressure and passing that on to them. That will backfire with Abby. I'm going back to my original plan of sitting back and letting them come to the potty. I was happy to learn that I'm not crazy and that it is an actual method of doing it. When it happens it happens and then they can go to school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so scary- everyone growing up and stuff. School- it's like innocents being lost forever. It slips out of your fingers with our support and encouragement(gasp). All in the name of growing up-it's over rated. I will miss my little ones and I fear the day when they realize dad is just like any other fool who makes mistakes and not a superstar, superhero, supersmart guy. Wait that was like two years ago that happened...

Old Optonline account said...

LOL...I assume this is Warick!? I think I'm going to have to block annonymous posts!