Tuesday, September 25

The good, the bad, AND the ugly

Man alive did the girls get to me this afternoon. And I think it's not fair to only post the good things about life. We had a great morning with Maddie, Savannah and Nikki over here. The girls made a huge mess (as usual), and twice, count it, TWICE we caught them upstairs smearing hand soap. First it was just all over them (and in Grace's eyes), and a little on their new play kitchen. We had to strip Grace down and hose her off in the shower to get the soap away from her eyes. This I could handle, no problem. The second time, they squirted the hand soap not only on the themselves, but all over the play kitchen, inside, outside, on the dishes, everywhere! And later I even found more of it on their beds. This I could handle no problem too. However, after Nikki and crew left and I asked for a little help from the girls to clean up, I got a firm "No, I don't want to" from Abby. Ah, heck no kid. I don't mind you making a mess, and I don't mind being the one who cleans most of it up, but you'll be darned sure you're going to help me at least a little! Grace didn't really want to either, but all I had to say was no story before nap if you don't and she was all over it. Abby however stuck to her guns until the very end, but not soon enough. I was over the edge and losing my cool. So no story and no songs for them. I've got to figure out how to punish one without punishing the other. By the time I got them in bed, I was too aggravated and tired myself to read anyway. Grrrrrrr.... I hate feeling like that!

So now I've had a nap and am about to get them up from their nap to start over. We'll see if Abby will help me clean up tonight or not! Usually it doesn't take much to get her to cooperate after she's missed out on something.

Ok...I'll have something nice to say in a couple minutes...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like reality blogging finally. I think scrapbooking's purpose is to create memories so when you are old and grey you only have the good to remember- not the accidents or lazy, insolent children that they truly are. Thanks for a dose of truth.

It also allows us as grandparents to pull out pictures and say to our children, "See, I never had problems with you. I was a perfect parent. I don't know why you can't control your own kids."

Truth is we all suck at parenting. Thankfully, that has created a sliding benchmark.

Old Optonline account said...

LOL...it's true. Actually, I fully intend on scrapbooking the bad stuff too. So far my girls have been pretty easy on me, but I have certainly had my ugly moments!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so my afternoon was just as bad as the soapy morning. Madison was trouble until she fell asleep today. Tomorrow better be a better day or there is going to be a price to pay! Next time we will start earlier to clean up... atleast a few toys..

Also, I was going to call you, but it looks like you already discovered it. Madison told me she put soap on the beds. So sorry! Have a better day tomorrow! (Now whose the ring leader??)

Old Optonline account said...

I guess I'm glad it wasn't just me. We had a much better evening after their naps. I even got some of my screens replaced.

The girls really want to play again tomorrow, but I have to take the cats to the vet. I'm not sure we're ready for another 3 Amigos day just yet anyway!

And don't worry about cleaning up. I really don't mind doing it at all. I figure I don't really know where things go at your house, and you don't here either, right? And if we don't, the girls definitely won't! It really was just the way she said she didn't want to do it to me.