Sunday, December 16

sweet. moments.

Who knew the girls were into show business?? Abby can be so shy. Even though she LOVES to sing, if you catch her doing it, she gets all shy and mumbles. We know Grace has a future in middle school plays, because she likes to entertain, but I was shocked when they got up at our Christmas party (at church) last night together to sing Rudolph. Unfortunately, Abby wouldn't sing til she got her own microphone. You'll also catch Grace switching to Twinkle, Twinkle part way through. It was so fun to watch them. Thanks to Dad for getting it on video. It's a darn shame he was in the kitchen with his camera in his pocket when they jumped up during a lull later and sang together, clear as a bell (but not necessarily on key), Silent Night. It was the far superior performance, but who cares!? They had fun and keep telling us singing on the stage was their favorite part of the night. They are their father's daughters...

10 comments:

my rebel took over said...

Wow Sandra, you were fast! I just barely posted that before you commented. I had to delete the post and try again. (So your comment got deleted, sorry) I think it's working ok now!

Sandra said...

OK. I am proud to be the first one to see this post. I hope the girls will remember me when they are rich and famous. I guess 1:43 pm was too soon to see the video. Saw it at 1:50. Works great.

Sandra said...

Since there have been several posts without any Germany content, I think that you two really didn't go. It's going to be hard to keep up the lie for too long so you should just come clean now.

my rebel took over said...

Shoot! You figured us out! I know. Now I'm just being lazy...

Cindy said...

Cute!!!

Critchlow said...

Adorable. By the way, we got your package last night. You made our children's christmas. Ella, opened the pet shops advent calendar and one window yielded a small pink mouse (she use to have a green one just like it but lost it- she had told us all she wanted for christmas was another one). When she say that after opening it while kneeling on her bed she picked it up in both hands and in a prayer fashion looked up to the sky and said in her small voice, "It's what I wanted for Christmas!"

Major cute! Thank the girls and let them know that they made Ella so happy last night. Harrison, loves the fire engine and cried because he had to go to bed rather than play with it all night. Sorry buddy- I've got work and you've got school.

my rebel took over said...

Critch...I'm so happy to be the bearer of happiness for her! I'm just sorry it got there so late that you couldn't torture her with one little box every day. There was a shipping mix up. It's killing the girls. They just got the little snowboard today and they love it.

I'm glad Ford likes the Firetruck. I realized afterward that I should have gone with the Star Wars stuff I was looking at. Oh well....

Critchlow said...

No, no. In fact while we were building it he said, "This is better than Star Wars." So you and the girls and Harland won complete! Good job!! And thank you.

Anonymous said...

cute video of the girls!! They are so grown up!!

The kids loved the toys you sent them, Thanks!! Ella and Harrison, have been talking about Grace & Abby all day!!

Thanks again.

my rebel took over said...

Yeah, well, we owed them. H and I haven't exactly been great at the whole Aunt & Uncle to Harrison and Ella thing. For instance, I always, ALWAYS remember it's their birthday, but usually about 2 days ahead of time. That's no where near enough time to get at least a card there. And last Christmas I wanted to send them the Little People nativity that we'd gotten the girls, but they were sold out when I thought, "Oh, I should get this for Harrison and Ella". We're trying to be more on the ball around here. (The - We-have-twins-therefore-our-brains-don't-function-normally excuse is really wearing thin now that they're 3).

Anyway, I'm thrilled that they liked them. It's not too often I see a gift possibility and think...That's perfect! But I knew the Advent calendar had to happen for Ella. It's so fun to buyy for the kids!