So on Christmas morning, after we thought we surely botched the whole Santa thing, Grace comes downstairs, checks to see if Santa ate his cookies and the reindeer their carrots, and ran to the presents, rifled through the packages saying..."I know it's in here somewhere!" And this was her reaction opening her very last present. It's just too bad I ran out of space on the dvd right before she started galloping, yep, galloping around the room. It was priceless. (a note...Abby was excited too, but I think she got a little overwhelmed by everything yesterday.) Now this is a believer...
Thursday, December 27
THE Barbie Guitar...
This is the first year we could really play up the Santa thing with the girls. I realized that it was a really critical year for instilling a belief in Santa only a few weeks ago and I kept thinking I was messing it up. (Even on Christmas morning I was forgetting which gifts were from Santa and which ones were from us...luckily the girls were too into what they were doing to notice). Anyway, a couple months ago we were in Costco walking around and Grace spotted a Barbie Guitar. She was in love. I had absolutely no intention of getting it at all. She was so sad when we had to walk away, but she was so good about it! She didn't cry or pout, but she asked me in the most sincere voice if she could "pwease, pwease, PWEASE! have a Barbie Guitar??" After restraining myself from buying it right then and there (because of how well she took walking away from it), I of course did the typical thing and told her that maybe Santa would bring it to her. She, and Abby never faultered from wanting it. Any time they were asked what they wanted for Christmas, it was the answer. They even wanted to go to Costco just to play with it.
So on Christmas morning, after we thought we surely botched the whole Santa thing, Grace comes downstairs, checks to see if Santa ate his cookies and the reindeer their carrots, and ran to the presents, rifled through the packages saying..."I know it's in here somewhere!" And this was her reaction opening her very last present. It's just too bad I ran out of space on the dvd right before she started galloping, yep, galloping around the room. It was priceless. (a note...Abby was excited too, but I think she got a little overwhelmed by everything yesterday.) Now this is a believer...
So on Christmas morning, after we thought we surely botched the whole Santa thing, Grace comes downstairs, checks to see if Santa ate his cookies and the reindeer their carrots, and ran to the presents, rifled through the packages saying..."I know it's in here somewhere!" And this was her reaction opening her very last present. It's just too bad I ran out of space on the dvd right before she started galloping, yep, galloping around the room. It was priceless. (a note...Abby was excited too, but I think she got a little overwhelmed by everything yesterday.) Now this is a believer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so cute!!!
Yes, the Barbie guitars were super cool. Even Gabriel thought so. Make sure the girls remember me when they are rich and famous as a result of their highly successful music careers. The little people will need some love then. I will be watching for them on TMZ.
This was one of the best Christmases ever. I loved giving to my kids, b/c they loved it so much. I can only think of when Grace got a pet shop friend from OMA, and she jumped up and down, cried "thank you so much Oma!" and gave her a big hug.
Post a Comment