Thursday, December 27

for the love of adi revisited...

Today we headed to the aquarium with my brother Jeff and his family. The girls had such a great time! Pictures, and an incriminating video coming soon, but first I must share the greatest Taboo moment ever (or at least that I can remember right now).

Adi and Belinda were over tonight and we decided to whip out a round of Taboo (probably my all time favorite game...that and Pictionary). It was Adi and Harland vs. Belinda and me (They schooled us, in case you were wondering). We're about 3/4 of the way through the game, so you know it's getting a little rediculous at this point. Harland is up and Adi is guessing. Just in case you're not familiar, you're given a word your team has to guess, but you can't use the 4 or 5 words underneath the word your given to get them to guess it. The word is "carpenter"...

Harland: A 70s group that the woman died.
Adriel: Uhhhh...
H: Some people thought they were Mormon.
A: What?
H: Jesus was a....
A: SUNBEAM! (Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam is a song the kids sing at our church)
H: Jesus's job was...
A: Superstar! (Think Jesus Christ Superstar. I think this is where she connected the 70s in.)
H: Jesus's father was a...
A: WHAT?!

She did actually guess "carpenter" finally, but I was laughing so hard it hurt. And yes, I snorted. We were all dying for a good 5 minutes over this one. I personally lost it when she yelled "Sunbeam!". I never fully recovered and we lost the game. Ok, I'm sure that's mostly funny to me, but I had to share. Adi, thanks for the laugh!

1 comment:

Adi said...

I had to check to make sure you actually blogged this! And don't try to think that your laughter hiatus caused the game...we pretty much dominated-even with the culture divide Harland and I faced :)