Tuesday, December 21

advent spectacular | day 21

Day 21 | Celebrate the winter solstice

In June we met my whole family for ice cream to celebrate the longest day of the year.  My mother invited us all do do the same for the shortest day.  So being the crazy people we are, we had ice cream on this frigid day with my parents and my one brother's family (Chris couldn't make it this time around).  Next year I'm ordering hot chocolate instead!  I was shivering the whole time!

(Photos taken with my not so amazing Droid X camera phone.)

I love this sign that greeted us at the door to Friendly's.  Go ahead, read it once or twice...


Does that say "Bring Your Own Meal for $9.99"???




I really should have had someone who wasn't shivering take these.  And yes, Harland has Savannah's elf hat on.  I told him doing that would come back to bite him!


In other news we were bad parents last night and woke up the girls around 2am to have a look at the lunar eclipse.  They both weren't responding to us until we asked if they wanted to see the eclipse and then Grace practically jumped into my arms.  We were only out there for about a minute, but it was worth it!  We saw it when it was about half covered.  The stars were so bright!

(Thank you Google Image Search)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

So, are you becoming those crazy pagan people who dance at Stonehenge? For family, I'll let that slide.

my rebel took over said...

LOL...absolutely.