Every year we have big plans of all the things we want to do together in December. We manage to get to a few of them, but time gets away from us every time! This year we decided to take the bull by the horns and actually make a plan. We made a list of 24 things to do together this month, and then we fit them into our puzzle of a calendar. We actually made our own advent calendar (see the bottom middle picture below) so the event of the day is a surprise for the girls. A lot of them are small things, like watching a Christmas movie, but there are some fun ones like our trip into see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center last weekend. Of course I realize that there will wind up being a few we don't get to, but if we do half of what we have planned I'll be happy!
Day 1 | Make Christmas decorations for Oma and Opa to use while there stuff is packed up and ready to move.
(I'll be posting these on their respective days, and they probably will wind up being done out of order, since that seems to be how I do things.)

No comments:
Post a Comment