Thursday, January 31

you may find this tacky, but...

I'm gonna go ahead and post this video anyway. For those of you who don't know, the President of our Church passed away this weekend. It was a pretty sad moment for me because I can't begin to tell you what an influence this man has had on my life, and I won't because it's pretty personal. Whatever your beliefs, if you've ever heard him speak, you can't deny that he was a wonderful and caring man. He stressed the importance of one's family, getting your head out of the sand it's stuck in and looking around to see what other people's needs might be, and the importance of keeping yourself out of debt. A lot of practical lessons on top of many spiritual ones. All done with a fantastic sense of humor. I mean, when one of his councilors passed away, and another was appointed, he jokingly "knighted" him with his cane on TV. It was pretty darn funny. You just don't see that stuff at church.

Anyway, I was watching the Colbert Report on Monday, and have been waiting for this to get put online so I could share it. If you're not ready to see humor yet, or at all about this (and I get that), then by all means, skip this. But if you'd like to see Colbert manage to connect his passing with the writer's strike, watch on... (I found it pretty amusing)

No comments: