Tuesday, January 22

a little catch up...

I have a random collection of pictures/videos/stories from the past week or so to share that I was too lazy to put up as they happened, so here we go!

Ok, so these first two bits are from two weeks ago, so I'm more behind than I thought... Just an amusing little video of my brother, Chris, being the girls personal jungle gym...again:



A couple weeks ago we went to Kid Junction and to the diner for lunch. Nanny-the-beloved was faught over as a booth partner. But Grammy got a little love from Grace too:
Nanny & Grace
Abby & Nanny:
Friday night our dinner dates (ahem, Sandra, Nanny & Gabriel!) bailed on us (but we understand why), there was no way I was talking the girls out of going out to eat and there was NO way I was going it alone with them. Thankfully Grammy & PopPop were in the mood for steak too, so off to Lone Star we went...

Abby, the pickiest eater LOVES peanuts, so she LOVES Lone Star
(she's showing me how to open a peanut here):

Abby, PopPop, Grace & Grammy:

After school on Friday we had lunch at Grammy & PopPop's.
The girls started their own band with blank CD containers:



On Saturday while Harland was at school, we spent the morning at Oma's making some bunnies and going out for a very unfortunate lunch with grumpy girls...
Abby's bunnies:
Grace's bunnies...the one on the left isn't being gagged, I promise!
She made a mouth out of an ear:

Oma & Abby:
This is really the first time they've played with glue. I know, I'm a bad mom! But I know Abby and never thought she'd touch the stuff. She was fine until she realized it was on her finger:
Then Abby stole my camera, and the next three are what happens when she does...

Her feet: Grace's other half with "fishing line" hanging down:
I like this one because of Grace. I guess she was fishing for Omas.

This pic from Sunday does not do the moment justice. Jeff was smushing Savannah's face (which Savannah thought was pretty funny, along with the rest of us). It was funnier in video form, but by the time I thought to use video, the moment had past. Maybe we'll do it again this week...


And last, but not least, this is how I found the girls yesterday playing in their room. This does not show everything that was on Abby's bed (most of their dolls and doll bedding various animals, both of their pillows, their robes and they were attempting to fit the actual doll beds on there too), but they said they were on a ship sailing to Canada to have fun. They were saving the princesses from the "mean Captain", which they then clarified as Captain Hook. Grace was the lookout. This picture is of them putting everyone to sleep for the night. I love their imagination!

8 comments:

Critchlow said...

That is awesome. I will be their manager (of course I haven't been able to do a thing even for myself) but hey- I think disney needs another set of talented twins.

my rebel took over said...

Yeah, cause being a Disney star has done such wonderful things for, well, anyone!

Amy said...

Your girls are so cute! Looks like you have quite a busy life with those two!

Critchlow said...

By the way, Oma you look good. I think you would look better in person, hint, hint.

And yes, Disney has brought us some great tragedies. But really is it disney's fault? No- it is MGM's. Which we all know stands for Massacre Girl Madens.

my rebel took over said...

LOL...love the MGM dig, Critch. I've actually not heard that one before. Hey...I hear rumors Oma's planning a stop in your neighborhood soon.

Nikki said...

Very Cute. The picture Abby drew was impressive!! Funny that Chris is known as the guy with headphones on ALWAYS!

Sandra said...

This was quite a good post. I like the mix of photos and video. Seems like Savannah is getting bigger and Jeff is getting smaller, maybe Savannah is just making him look smaller.

Sorry we didn't go to Lone Star with you. I would have loved it. Gabriel had a power nap in the car on the way back to Nanny's. We are up for next time.

Nikki said...

Madison is loving the videos of the girls.. over and over again. I think she might learn "over the river" this way! Soon, I will get her singing "Mr Sunshine!"