Friday, January 4

4 down, 6 to go...

As mentioned earlier, today was the girls first day of preschool...again. If you remember, we had a bit of a false start back in September, but here we are again. They were both really excited to go up until about a week ago when Grace decided she didn't want to go, and therefore no longer wants to use the toilet. She agreed to go with me and see how she likes it and then make up her mind if she wants to go back. She DEFINITELY wants to go back. Gee...how did I know she'd make that decision??? Now if we could just get her interested in the toilet again...



ps: I'm pretty sure in the craziness of the holidays I forgot to mention that Abby gave us the greatest gift EVER for Christmas! Two weeks before Christmas Eve (The day we got back from Germany), my mother was running out of diapers, asked the girls what they wanted to do about it, and the result is Abby has been toilet trained ever since. Just a few days for Harland and I to figure out that if you ask her if she needs to go, she always says no and then holds it until she can't make it. Leave her alone and she'll do it whenever she needs to...and that kid is a camel! Merry Christmas to us! We always thought she'd wake up one day and say..."Gee, I think I'll like to use the toilet now."

19 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow, those are great pages. I like the layouts and the black and white with color. How much paint did they bring home on themselves? How many other kids were there? These pictures make it look like they went to private painting instruction.

I was the first commenter, woo hoo.

I am enticed at the prospect of maybe doing pages like this too. I will try baby steps though before I make an investment. Stay tuned.

my rebel took over said...

LOL...I saw your comments on my other posts after I went to visit your blog. Don't worry, I check it all the time. I don't always have something interesting to say (I know, that's very hard to believe)...

Thanks about the pages. I'm pretty happy with them. I wasn't so sure before, but I was over analyzing as usual. You can download pre-made albums that 90% of the work is done for you...all you do is add your photos. They're really nice...and much less time consuming!

Here's one from probably my fave place to shop (where I got the altoid tin things I made from):
http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=193

Adi said...

Uhhhh....maybe you shouldnt give away that you are barely actually doing scrapbooking if you have made ready kits..jk!

my rebel took over said...

lol...these pages weren't ready made nerd. But I think it's awesome that you can buy them that way and then just personalize them.

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is, did you leave the girls the first day? How did you take so many pictures? I am dropping Maddie on Tuesday and running. You might see a few before and after shots of her!

my rebel took over said...

They do a gradual start. The first day is short (1 1/2hr) and you stay with them. Second day is also short, but there's a parents tea in the gym, just in case anyone ends up in hysterics over the separation. Third day is a full (2 1/2hr) day and they go cold Turkey. With the 3 day/week programs it's all finished the first week, but since this is a one day program, it just drags out over 3 weeks.

Is Maddie jumping into a class that's already going? Or is it a new one? That may be why. They had enough interest to start another class in January, so they're doing the gradual thing for everyone. I thought she started this past week too. I was wondering why we didn't hear about it!

Critchlow said...

Ok, first- borrow Terry Toots from 80. It works wonders.
Second, I don't know if you noticed but you have a lot of people commenting on your blog who...shall I say...I don't have the pleasure of knowing. Usually, that's not a bad thing BUT, I am Critchlow and will not be ignored. I trust that you understand that as your brother-in-law I hold the most important part in your life. All other friends & family should be ignored in the effort to seal a bonding relationship with the bro-in-law. Especially when living miles apart. I expect more from you little Rebel- this play it safe and try to appease everyone routine is discusting. Try harder to stir the pot!

Sandra said...

Hey Critchlow. I am pretty sure I am one of "those people". Yes, I agree, Amy's site has gone "G" rated. On my site I have Harland's tongue and references to Amy's need to bathe. Chips and dip too. I have tendencies toward "G" myself with a little of Harland's tongue thrown in.

my rebel took over said...

LOL!

Critch...what in the world is Terry Toots!? And listen...I check your blog daily and lately, lets just say, I've been a little disappointed. I mean, there was the amusing 2007 review, but c'mon! I need more!

Sandra...I should have skipped that picture when I gave you the CD! Oh how you exploit me!!!! LOL.

Critchlow said...

Yeah that tongue picture--I think I need therapy now- thanks Sandra!

There is no need to be hurtful Rebel. Just remember it was Critch who raised the blogging bar. But now it is out of hand. The blogs have reached the lowest common denominator.

I guess by biggest concern is that I don't know these other people personally. You have links to their blogs but I don't know if it is "kosher" to comment on their blogs. What if I offend? Yes, Critch offends! If you are okay having me post comments on your blog you must first post comments on my blog. It's like an invite.

Don't worry, Critch will put up some good stuff- you have to wait for that which is good. Work has got me bogged down.

So here is a list of what critch likes to read: the latest gaffas by Poptop 42 (anything that makes fun of him- come on you are married to him- give us the scoop), speculations on Adriel, anything that could potentially embarrass your friends and family (yes, go ahead and include Critch) and of course updates on kids. Just not exclusive to updates on kids. We love 'em...but...well we love making fun of everyone else too.

Sandra said...

Bryan wants to comment but your snooty blog won't let him. Can we take care of that please? Bryan doesn't want to be annoying but we are a little busy here these days as you know. He can't even do it under my sign in under a nickname.

You say you are an IT expert, let see you prove it.

my rebel took over said...

Critch...sorry we're not writing up to your expectations over here. (Don't worry, no offense taken) My blog is about my primarily about our family's goings-on. Once in a while I come up with a little ditty or something fun, but I mostly leave that stuff to you guys. By the way, for something really funny about Adi, see my post "for the love of adi revisited" a couple weeks back...now THAT is a family moment that will live on forever!

Oh, and I'm sure people wouldn't mind you posting on their blogs. Especially if it's to make fun of Harland and I...anyone object to Critch posting on your blogs???

Sandra...LOL...that's because I have it set to not allow you to post under annonymous or nicknames. And unfortunately for Bryan...(sorry Bryan!), I have no intention of changing that!

bl said...

ok, I signed up, Sandra pressured me into it. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to say right now. :(

I'll have to wait to see if my muse visits me after seeing your next post. hint, hint

my rebel took over said...

Yeah Bryan! Now if we can just talk AJ into it! Can't wait to hear what funny stuff you have to add...

Critchlow said...

Yes, yes Rebel. I am not saying I don't like your blog. I love it. But you live with what could possibly be the funniest person on earth (though he doesn't know it). Perhaps a little video or how he brushes his teeth, the need to pluck eyebrow hairs or anything really revealing. Not to mention his spawn. I know they must do funny things but all I see here are the "cute" things. I like the cute just mix it with their odd or crazy natures (his side).

I miss my brother and his nuances. We used to have such a good time making fun of each other. Now he posts his "Omnipotent" blog. How can you make fun of something that is omnipotent? Your task at this blog is to make him impotent and let us have a glimpse of the hilarity called Harland. I know funny things happen- I lived with him for years. The same can be said of me...but that is an entirely different topic.

PS: Pictures of my brother's tongue or any other orifice are not funny.

Sandra said...

We need a new post. I know all your time has been spent helping me but I need something else to look at.

my rebel took over said...

LOL...I love you Critch. I really do. I'll try to work on documenting the not-so-glamorous moments too (and more importantly the harlandic moments). You really buttered me up saying the girls quirky sides must come from him. So now I must aim to please. Unfortunately most of those moments right now are centered around Grace's current constipation, and I'm really trying to spare everyone the potty training stuff right now.

Although Grace said something really funny, or at least humerous when we got home from church yesterday, but neither of us can remember what the heck it was!

I'll hopefully get to work on at least a new scrapbook page tonight...I'm behind and I need to get crackin.

Critchlow said...

What is that a joke? "crackin" and "constipation"?

Anonymous said...

Wow, That was a lot of comments to get to the end. LOL. Critchlow on one or what? Anyways, LOVE the LO and the Pictures!! I Hope the girls are still loving preschool.