Friday, November 30

a break...

The girls were so good for me all week. They went and ran endless errands, stayed home more than normal so I could do paperwork, make phone calls, etc., all without any major problems (aside from Abby's typical whining and Grace's wandering habit). I got everything on my To-Do lists for each day this week done, so I let the girls pick what they wanted to do today, which was go to Kid Zone with Maddie and Gabriel. Gabriel was unable to make our last minute invite (I mean, he does live an hour away, so we'll forgive him for not dropping everything for us), but the girls had a great time with Maddie and I enjoyed a little face time with Savannah and Nikki.

Savannah has this great coo/giggle thing she does. I love it. I'm not sure why, but I get the most of it out of her when I ask her how life is treating her so far. I say (in a rediculous voice of course) "Birth was tough, huh? But once you got used to the temperature, it's not so bad, right? What do you think about your Mom? ...your Daddy? ...you're sister?..." This gets a great reaction out of her for some reason. If I change the subject she's not as interested in me. I've tested this out almost everytime I've been with her since she started the cooing thing, and it's been the same every time. What's that about? Quite frankly, I don't really care, as long as I can make her laugh, I'm happy.

These are definitely not my best pictures. I'll blame it on bad light and very wiggly subjects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to be the first commentator. Gabriel said that we should accept Grace's invitation since Grace has been upping the cookie payments but Mommy had her flu shot appointment at 10:45 so we did not go. Up the payments a little more and next time we will drop everything to go. Looks like you had fun, be sure to have Grace call next time you go.

Grace called at 8:27AM, it was very clear she knew just what she was going to say on the phone and she was very excited about making the invite herself. I don't think she took a breath once. Since she was talking in Grace Speak I got Gabriel and Kid Zone and that was about it. Gabriel and the girls must get together when Ma and Pa Pond are away next week.

My minivan wants to have a playdate with your minivan.

Old Optonline account said...

LOL...I'm sure you guys can arrange something. If not, when we get back we'll play! And yes, Grace was super excited to call everyone herself!