Saturday, November 17

bittersweet

It's official. I am now a soccer mom. Today we said goodbye to our ever loved Jetta (sniff), and now see ourselves driving this 2005 Toyota Sienna:
A minivan (sniff). While, I'm really ok with it, I'll admit that I'm sad to see the Highlander go too. That is a great car. But the space is good and it was time. We can finally go together when we do something with Aunt Judy, instead of needing two cars, and I can now pick up Maddie and/or Savannah in a pinch, when I couldn't help out in that department before. That makes me happy.
You should have seen me talking to the Jetta before I handed over the keys. "We've had some good times together. We drove cross country. We drove to work everyday. I hope your new owner loves you as much as I do..." I know...it's sad. But that is a good car, so if you're in the market...

12 comments:

HRP said...

I'll miss RJ the Jetta too. And as for owning a minivan...don't worry you are one extra hot soccer mom. Is your kid Stacy? HA HA.

Adi said...

oh brother do the flirting on your own time!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, now you can transport a dog to canada! Tee hee hee

Old Optonline account said...

Funny that you say that...when we test drove it, I said, "Oh look how nicely the dog can lay down between the back seats!"...poor Harland doesn't stand a chance.

PS nikki...sorry you guys are all sick! The girls are pretty disappointed you guys aren't here today.

HRP said...

No conspiring for canines on the comments section! You know what else fits in a van...3 other kids, but you don't see me asking for that do you now?

Anonymous said...

Harland, I am on your side on this one. Life is a bit more simple without animals. Jade is the only reason that I want a mini van these days! Poor dog, might not make it to Canada again this year! I say... have more kids and forget the dog! TEE HEE HEE.

Critchlow said...

Don't worry a lot of people look cool in a minivan- Hannibal with the occasional Face, Shag and Scooby...I can't think of any girl that actually has one.

Sienna's are awesome. I moved half my house with ours.

Cindy said...

Oh my, I'm going to cry!!! I helped name that car! I can't belive you had it that long! Seriously, I'm getting teary. I guess yay on the minivan, though...it looks good.

Anonymous said...

Hey, everyone should have a minivan and I think we should bring Jeff and Nikki over to the dark side.

Harland, are you sure you are really asking for three more instead of a furry drooling friend?

Old Optonline account said...

I'm sorry. H- did you say 3 MORE KIDS?!?!?! I'm not sure who you're dating, but is she aware that you want 3 more kids?! Someone should warn her!!!

Cindy - Thank you for coming to grieve with me over RJ. If the car seats would've fit, I would have driven that car for a while. But my knee caps can't take being jammed into the dash for too long. Remember packing 5 of us in there and driving to Canada? And everywhere else for that matter. Just because it says it sits 5, doesn't mean you should ACTUALLY cram 5 adults in there!

Critch...We're really happy with the Highlander, so going for a Sienna was a natural choice for us.

Jeff & Nikki - come. Come to the dark side with us! LOL...

Unknown said...

oh boy, a dog and three other kids?? good luck to you!

:) Melissa

Anonymous said...

I want a Mini van. But for what we want we can not join you just yet! I am hoping next year if my plan works out! We will see!