Friday, November 9

road trip!

Coming to you live from Adi's apartment in VA. I was chatting with her on Wednesday afternoon when it hit me, Harland's in Colorado until Saturday, and my kids aren't in school, so why am I sitting around stewing when I could do something. So I called up Belinda(it's NJEA weekend) and asked if she wanted to jump in the car and head down to D.C. for a couple days to see Adi...And here we are! This afternoon we were at the Natural History museum, which is where the two pictures are from. The girls are really excited about their dino heads on a stick. Grace immediately named hers Sammy and Abby went for Rex. Ok, Abby originally named hers Karen, but I told her that had to change because it doesn't exactly make for good family relations!

Tomorrow we're going to the National zoo and then heading home. Oh! Random cute story...when we got here and finally huffed and puffed our way to Adi's office Grace ran up to Adi and said "Adi, I saved this kiss special for you!", and proceeded to pucker up. If you've ever seen Grace pucker up, you'll know that her lips protrude a good inch. It's very amusing...

6 comments:

Critchlow said...

Wow, two inches- that's a lot of love for 80. That seems like fun to just get up and see someone you miss. Wish we could do that and see you guys.

Adi said...

Excuse you...everyone has a LOT of love for 80..please! It is not even a question.

Old Optonline account said...

It was fun! I don't think I'm taking advantage of the fact that we're still not tied down by our kids being in school.

...and yes, Grace has A LOT of love for 80.

HRP said...

It's more pity than love. But 80 takes what she can get...even sympathy lovin.

I missed you guyes terribly why I was away. Glad you survived. ;)

Unknown said...

just a tad further and you could have visited us :) Well 7 hours...
LOL

:) Melissa

Old Optonline account said...

LOL...yeah Melissa, what's 7 more hours!? We're hoping to get down there to visit some friends next year sometime, so we'll have to see if we can see you too!