And no, that is not refering to the SNL/Wayne's World character played by Dana Carvey. That would be refering to Garth Brooks. And yes, for my family that does not know, I love country music. There! I said it!
H and I have been wanting to see Garth Brooks in concert for a long time, but he's never been around here (gee, can't imagine why). They're doing something new now where they broadcast concerts, operas, etc., live to movie theatres around the country, and the world. Cool! So for the price of a regular movie admission (which is rediculous around here anyway), we got to see him in concert, with Eddy's Dibs and a soda too. I had my reservations about what it would be like to watch a concert like it's a movie, but it was a lot of fun. It took me a while to get into it, but I'd definitely do that again. And more importantly, it is now my goal to go to an actual concert next year. I forgot how awesome they are!
And yes. Garth IS awesome live. Oh, how I wish we could've been there!
5 comments:
Awesome! I'm glad it was fun. Remember that was your 10,000 day b-day gift. What more could you ask for?
Wow, I did not know you really liked country that much! I too like country, but I am not really a concert goer! Where did you have to go to watch this? And DIBS!!!... nothing is better than that! Forget the movie... just get me a few tubs of dibs and I am good to go! Glad you had a good time!
If only you saw what's on my iPod... I have over 24 hours of country music on there. And let's be honest, newer country is pretty much just pop, with a slight twang...and in case anyone is interested, the new Carrie Underwood album is great.
You are right Rebel. When I hear the name Carrie Underwood all I hear is, Britney Spears. It all sounds like pop now.
That is why Garth is so great he was one of the classics in country music. After his departure- no more new songs- I left the country music scene because it is just pop now and I've never been a fan of pop.
Interesting to note, the Eagles played at the CMT music awards. Now, really are they country? It seems to fit now because country has diluted itself into junk. I've heard country rap, country pop, country regae. "Country" is pretty non-existant.
Man I miss Nirvana! Now that was music.
whats wrong with country music?? You mean everyone doesn't love it?? I think that is funny that some of your family doesn't know.
:) Melissa
PS how did you get that music player on the side of your blog? I want one.
Post a Comment