Wednesday, November 28

playing catch up...

I got a little nudge from our own Critchlow today that he needs some entertainment at work, so here I am! Tada! I think this quite possibly could be the longest stretch I've gone without posting something.

We spent the long weekend out at the Ponderosa, so I wasn't on the computer much then. Other than the usual Thanksgiving stuff fest (yummy), and my first and probably last black Friday shopping trip (I've decided that people don't go out on that day to shop, they all go to eat at the food court. That's where everyone was at 2:30 anyway!), we went to Harland's 10th class reunion and took the girls to see Enchanted.
The reunion was fun. We were oh so over dressed, but we looked good, so I hope we pulled it off. I just wish someone would have told me that people wear jeans to reunions now. How did I not know this???

Oh, and Enchanted. We even got Dave to go with us, and he liked it! I thought it was ok, but everyone else seemed to really like it. The music was fun though, so of course we have the soundtrack now. Abby's working on commiting "How Do I know" to memory. It was a little scary at the end when the queen turns into a dragon. Grace cried. She also was whimpering when she though Giselle died after biting the poison apple. Abby however has a new crush. As soon as the real life Prince Edward (James Marsden) came on the screen she slid off her seat and ducked behind the row in front of us. And then burried her head in Harland's lap every time he was on screen. We asked her after if she thought the prince was cute. She flushed, giggled and burried her face again. Then when I was looking for pictures of him to post on my blog, I showed her one and she literally dropped onto her belly on the floor, face down and giggled. She wouldn't get up until I promised her he was off the screen. Hmmm...this is sounding more like she's afraid of him than crushing on him...

Sorry for the weird pictures of him...this is all I could find...


And this week I'm getting myself and the girls ready for our trip next week without my mother's usual help (really bad time to plan your own vacation MOM!), so that's keeping me pretty busy. So far we're surviving. It takes me a lot longer to do anything since I usually have an extra set of hands and eyes for the girls, but we're plugging through.

So that's it! Nothing else too exiting going on around here. The house is still for sale...anyone? Anyone?? But that's about it. I have some pictures to post, but I'll do it separately...

6 comments:

Critchlow said...

Sweet! I liked the movie. Little Ella keeps running around the house cupping her mouth and singing "Aahaa Aaahhaa". I think she is expecting to have rats and mice show up.

That prince is dreamy and it is better than loving a full size mouse named Chucky. That's really cute- I am a bit scared that her hormones are already crushing. Good luck when you have two girls dating.

Sandra said...

I agree, too long between posts this time. I admit, I am addicted and I am ashamed I have felt the need to add commentary. I just can't help myself. It is a testament to the quality of your talent, as I have said before.

Critchlow said...

Seriously this is sick. Sandra, if you want to suck up please do it off line! Really!

Amy- stop paying for readership. You haven't learned a thing since high school- you CAN'T buy popularity. You either are or not.

PS: It doesn't suprise me Harland dressed up for a reunion- let alone go. You won't catch me dead at one of those things.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Amy does pay a lot.

Old Optonline account said...

Alright, my own blog doesn't like me. Obviously I don't pay it enough! I posted comments on the latest two posts (before Critch started making fun of me!!) in response to you guys a few hours ago, and they're not showing up. Let's see if I can remember what I said...

Critch...I had said something about how when I tell the girls what Ella does, I'm sure especially Grace will immitate her. I think Ella's becoming that cool older cousin that they Grace wants to be like, even though she doesn't know her that well. I hope there will be plenty more Ella videos!

And I'm terrified of having two teenage girls in the house, but I guess you're going to be in the same boat!!!

Sandra...I'm glad you're getting addicted! We're all addicted to eachother's blogs. Now I just have to bring you over to the dark side of blogging. I'm sure Gabriel's Minnesota crew would LOVE to keep up with him! It's easy, and more importantly, free! I promise!

Critch again...Actually, Harland didn't really want to go. I thought he'd regret not going, so I guess I talked him into it. He was going to go sort of dressy casual, but it said it was a cocktail party. What does that mean to you? It means dressy to me. And a lot of people asked about you...

Wait...you can't pay people to like you??

Anonymous said...

I promise I will like you more if I get a raise. FYI, Grace has been paying Gabriel in cookies under the table for a while now.

Hmmm, free, the entire state of MN and some of IL would love to see Gabriel. We will have to discuss, perhaps it will be better than paper scrapbooking, scissors and lots of little paper pieces make me gag. gag gag gag.