Wednesday, November 28

3 year portraits...belated

So, we are a little behind. We didn't have pictures done of the girls in September like we usually do. We just got around to it this week. We tried Kiddie Kandids this time. While I'm not a huge fan of this kind of portrait photography (I like the candid stuff), my budget does not allow for me to hire a photographer, so better to have something than nothing! And I'm not knocking these, I'm really happy with how they came out. Oh, and yes, these are their Christmas dresses, but they're not really intended to be Christmas pictures. I just LOVE these dresses! When I saw them they immediately made me think of ribbon candy...

This one's actually the favorite, but we ordered the one below it that was cropped. I like all the black above them. But that's just us.


The cropped version you'll all be receiving in the mail soon...
I'm not a big fan of props either, but it got them to cooperate, so prop-away!

I think this is the best picture Grace has ever taken! I love it!
What you don't know about the next two pictures is that Abby insisted she was done, but couldn't resist the challenge that the photographer didn't believe she knew how to smile.


I just like this one. And I liked it more in black and white.

I think I would say we'd go back to this place. If they can get Abby to smile after she's been almost crying, then they must be pretty good!

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Those are so cute! I like Kiddie Kandids, but I don't like that they don't give you a lot to choose from. They turned out really good, though!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I too have to have the girls pics done... I was contemplating Kiddie Kandids. I think I might give it a try! If that does not go well, I will resort to Target. The pics of the girls are cute. I can not wait to have one!

Old Optonline account said...

Thanks! I agree Cindy...they don't really give you much to work with, but I did like that they let me decide which ones to throw away and which ones to hang onto(while they were shooting), unlike Target where I find that they miss all the good shots and take them too slow, and the resolution on their computer screens when you're ordering sucks.

Oh! And the other good thing that I liked (and I know Nikki and I have complained about Target for this...), they can actually crop pictures. At Target, they are what they are, so if they're off center or whatever, you're stuck.

Old Optonline account said...

Oh, and Nikki, they definitely do not rush you. I really liked that. If we decide to get all the girls pictures again, maybe we'll have better luck at KK than we had at Target? (I vote that we wait til the sting of Christmas purchases wear off though!)

Critchlow said...

Kiddie is great because of the price and ease. Just a few pointers though- don't use the props (chairs and stools don't count) and as Amy did always use a neutral color in the background. I hate those backgrounds that look like your elementary school photo backdrops- you know the ones that look like someone pooped blue and smeared it all over- you know what I am talking about.

These photos are extremely cute- even better is that with the black background you can easily put them in photoshop and pull the background off. I love it. I think the black and white one is good as well.

The real key to pictures is to take a ton- like 40 per pose. That way you get to choose- kiddie doesn't do that.

Finally- you didn't get one of their cheesy frames which is really good because I don't really like those either.

Great pics- I look forward to mine in the mail.

Sandra said...

Cute pictures, good models help a lot. Nice wardrobe choice. Hmmm, I've been supporting KK for a while now......It's ok if the rest are slow in catching on.....They always take a ton of pictures of Gabriel and I had a lot to choose from. Again, of course, good models help a lot. Shame the Christmas dress thing doesn't work for boys, hmmmm. We may be hiring a photographer named Amy to take some pictures for us.

Old Optonline account said...

Ok, let's see. What was my response to this...to summarize...I'm not a fan of the themed backgrounds either Critch. I like it plain and simple. That being said, Gabriel's pictures for KK are the reason I tried the place. They are always really cute, and I think he's had a few themed backgrounds/props. But I think that kid can make anything look good. Seriously. Some people were just meant to be photographed.

I'm also not a fan of their frames. I want to have my own fun in Photoshop, but I think if I wasn't a geek, I'd probably be mildly interested in having a plain one with their names on it or something.

And I can not understand the reason why they can't take more than x number of pictures. It's digital people! You're not wasting film! It's really rediculous. She actually missed an even better shot of the girls (around the time of the b&w one) because she wasn't just clicking away.

Sandra...I tried to use your referal coupon, but it was expired. Sorry...no KK bucks for you! I'll take pictures of Gabriel anyday.

Adi said...

Uhhh overwhelming amounts of comments and lines...so regardless of what has been said, cute pics!

Unknown said...

these are just adorable, amy! your daughters are so beautiful!! i mean how could they not be with such nice looking parents. Their dresses are really cute too. Good choice!