10 minutes from now: hopefully asleep
7:45pm: Finished tucking the girls in bed after giving Grace Motrin for her headache.
6:30pm: Finished up part 3 of Mary Poppins with the popcorn promised to Grace earlier.
6pm: Finally fed my starving self (I didn't get to eat much of my lunch), along with Mom and the girls.
5:15pm: Gave Grace a bath to wash all the matted blood out of her hair.
5pm: Arrived home from the hospital and immediately stripped of all clothes, shoes and bags, which were banished to the basement until I can sanitize them (hey, if your kids ever got ROTAvirus from a Drs. office, you would too!)
4:15pm: Promised Grace that popcorn while she was getting 7 staples in the back of her head.
2pm: Arrived at the ER in an ambulance with Grace. Mom & Abby following close behind.
1:31pm: We called 911 after collecting ourselves and realizing that there was blood under Grace's head when we pick her up and it's not stopping.
1:30pm: Grace falls off her chair at the food court in the mall and cracks her head on the tile.
1:15pm: Grace gives me a heart attack when she ran off "to look for Grammy" while we were in line for Japanese food at the mall.
11am: Went to the DMV to replace my lost license and try to figure out what to do to entertain us while there's a Realtor's open house at home.
7:30am: Up and the whole morning routine that I'll spare you.
This is clearly NOT how I thought my day would go today, but nobody does when something bad happens, right? Harland is not allowed to travel to Atlanta anymore! I'm not superstitious, but it's bad luck for us. Something always happens when he's there! He was in Atlanta when I went into labor. He was in Atlanta when Grace was finally released from the hospital. (There is at least one, maybe two other incidents to support my theory, but I can't remember them right now). And he is in Atlanta this week.
I should add that Grace is doing ok. I don't think we'll be sleeping all that well tonight. She's woken up a few times already because her head hurts, but she was so tough through it, as usual.
And now I'm rambling...off to bed!
5 comments:
OMG I will call you in the morning!
I cannot believe this! You are right, Atlanta is the land locked bermuda triangle of just bad things- I completely agree- we have had the same problems with it.
Kiss little grace for us and I wish her no more pain.
So it's not just me that feels that way about Atlanta! I couldn't tell from the writing who that was though...do tell.
Sorry to hear about the head injury, That would panic me, I hope the open house went well.
Thanks Cassie. I'm so suprised she doesn't try to touch the staples at all. And it didn't seem to bother her much after a day.
Post a Comment