Ugh. This is not a sight I liked seeing this morning. I very often hate this particular suitcase. When it comes out, I know that Harland is heading out of town again and since I kinda like that guy, it's not my favorite thing. Plus it means I'm on my own parenting-wise. Now that the girls are older, it has been much easier when he is gone, but we went and had ourselves another baby and I'm anticipating it being much more difficult again.
He has been home since the beginning of October to be sure he didn't miss Bacon's birth (He came oh-so-close to missing the girls' birth. I'm talking movie scene on the airplane with the flight attendant announcing that the guy in the back was about to become the father of twins and everyone stayed in their seats to let him off and cheered while he ran. Seriously.) Thankfully his company is very family oriented and understanding. Thankfully things slow down a bit this time of year to allow for it. Thankfully a lot of things.
But I knew it had to end sometime. And that sometime is today. It's just one night. It's just Philadelphia. It's just until dinner tomorrow. But since he's been taking care of the girls in the morning, I don't have a routine down that involves getting all three kids taken care of and the girls out the door on time yet. I'm not entirely sure I can do it yet. But I guess I'll find out in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment