Thursday, September 1

abby is funny too...

Usually I have funny stories about Grace, because she says the funniest things, but tonight I bring you a little slice of Abby.

On the way home from Oma and Opa's tonight, after having spent the day at the American Girl Store in the city and then seeing their cousins for the first time in about 5 years, the girls were really tired in the back seat.  Harland is trying to keep Grace awake for the last five minutes of our ride:

Harland asks Grace, "If you could have any super power, what would it be?"
Grace doesn't seem to respond.
Abby: I know!
Harland: Abby, I'm asking Grace this time.  Just a second. Harland repeats the question to Grace.
Grace: (mumbling barely above a whisper): I don't know.
Abby (Piping up for Grace): Flying Saucer!
Us in the front: Oooh...ok.  Good one Abby. Thinking she's talking about herself.
Abby: Flying because it's flying, and Saucer because you know Grace likes to cook, so she can fly and make sauce for everyone!
Us: Laughing.

Good one Abbs.  That would be Grace's super power.

The end.