Sunday, June 5

well played Abby. well played...



This morning Abby comes in the bathroom while I was doing my hair and we have the following conversation:

Abby: Mom, Do I have to make my bed today?
Me: I'd appreciate it if you would.
Abbs: (With a little smirk on her adorable face because she clearly knows exactly where she's heading with this) But in church we sing that song about Saturday being a special day so we don't have to do stuff like that on Sunday.
Me: (Laughing)  Well played Abbs.  You get a free pass and do not have to make your bed because you are so clever!

If you don't know what song I'm talking about, the lyrics are along these lines:

Saturday is a special day.  It's the day we get ready for Sunday:
We clean the house, and we shop at the store, So we won't have to work until Monday...

I'll spare you the rest, but you get the idea.  I can't argue with her logic.  In fact I didn't make my bed either.