Thursday, June 30

t minus 24 hours and counting...

This pregnancy is going so fast!  Last time I felt like it dragged on forever, but then again, I didn't have two other kids to occupy my time.  I can't believe we find out tomorrow what kind of baby we're baking in here.  The second pregnancy is so much more relaxed.  Not that I was an uptight first time mom, but this is even more laid back and I'm loving that.  I just go about my day and then I'll walk by a mirror and after the initial horror shock that is my belly, I remember that there's a reason for that and then I'm happy again.

I flip flop between wanting a boy or a girl.  It all depends on the day.  Every time I think I'm  absolutely sure I know what I'm hoping for, the next day it changes.  So we'll see if I wake up tomorrow hoping for what I'm getting.  That would certainly be a good thing.  I never really believe people when they say "As long as it's healthy, we don't care if it's a boy or a girl."  I think people always are secretly hoping for one or the other, but I can tell you that I think I was so afraid of having another set of twins (Hello seven year age difference between the girls and this baby), I'm just so happy that there's only one in there that I don't think I really care.  Everyone else seems to care what I'm having, but I just don't.  Not in this minute anyway, but ask me in half an hour and that will change.

Right after the ultrasound, we're heading up to the cottage, but I promise I'm all prepared and will post something on the go!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

SO exciting! I never knew what I REALLY wanted until I found out what I was having. Then I would either experience a slight pang of disappointment, that I got over quickly, or be super excited.

I can't wait to hear the news!