How I love thee Photoshop. Let me count the ways...
So, as I mentioned, we played hookie from our Sunday commitments so Abby could recuperate (her fever was in the 99 range Sunday). I could not stand to have the TV on all day again like we did Friday. Holy headache Batman! I really don't like to be in the house all day. I leave at least once every. single. day. It's not that I don't like my house, because I really do, but I just get cranky.
Anyway, I was not looking forward to being inside all day, without even Sunday dinner at my parents to look forward to (remember how they're sick too?). So what do I do when I know I'm going to be stuck in doors all day? Ok, well, normally I crank up the music, but I skipped that today. The girls and I made a To Do list with everything we needed/wanted to do that day, from showers to playing games. Don't ask me why this motivates me not to sit around, but I am a list driven person and as it turns out, so are my kids.
We made a list of what to do during the day and then one for their bedtime routine on two different Post-it lined notepads. Note: I LOVE Post-its. I may have to write up an ode to Post-its another time. They are wonderful and the lined notepad style ones are my current favorite. I know you care, but this is for posterity, and my posterity will surely care that the hot lime green lined Post-its are my current favorite thing, right? Right??
The girls were fighting over who got to mark off each item and they still wanted to use the bedtime routine one tonight and it got me to thinking 1. I'm sure going to fly through Post-its at this rate. 2. Why not encourage the love of the list? So I whipped out my beloved Photoshop and cranked out these...
Cute, no? They're 6x8 and my plan was to slip them into a resized page protector and hang them on the wall with a dry erase marker attached to it. This is a system that saved my marriage (slight exaggeration) after the girls were born. Just ask Harland. Mama can not settle down until there's just a smidgen of order among the chaos. We were able to see eye to eye with a routine in a page protector. It's a nagging eliminator ladies and I highly recommend it. We got to the point that we didn't need it anymore and never had to ask each other what else had to be done. It was another "already our minds are becoming one" moment in my marriage.
They each have their own for morning and night for purely selfish reasons...to eliminate arguing over who's turn it is to cross something off. Now I'm thinking of maybe framing these and letting them just use the dry erase marker right on the glass. That might look nicer hanging on their wall. Oooh! I like that idea!
And with that I have failed miserably at getting to bed a little earlier to help myself adjust to daylight savings. There's always tomorrow night!


3 comments:
I was going to suggest putting it in a frame, then you did. They're super cute! I really need to get some sort of system that works for us. It's just chaos around our house!
Love, love, love, love, LOVE these!!!! Love the framing idea and am TOTALLY stealing it.
I think I'll try and find a few graphics for the non-readers of my bunch. Oh this will be glorious!
Love it! I'm a list gal myself.
Post a Comment