Oh how frustrated I was yesterday! The girls made a huge mess in the living room and their bedroom, which is no big deal, but getting them to clean it up was aggravating to say the least. One part of that mess was Grace deciding to dump a container full of these small jewelry pop beads (an awesome toy, I might add, by Parents at Target) all over the living room, kitchen and hallway:
Not fun to clean up. It did, however, make me move my love seat and clean there. I couldn't bring myself to do the couch yet.
But before the aggravation and mess, I finally started working on the third bedroom. It's starting to get on my nerves! I sat in here and made a plan of what needed to stay in here, and how I was going to organize the closet. I got all the girls' crafty things pulled out of boxes and organized. It made a huge difference in here. But I learned something. Well, for one, there is actually hard wood floors in here, that I just couldn't see until now. But the other thing is I will NEVER need to buy crayons again. EVER!
The bottom box here is ALL crayons, colored pencils and a few markers. The one of top of it is all painting stuff. One word: ridiculous:
We have more than enough construction paper and drawing pads of all sizes to last us a few years:
The coloring books were not as bad as I thought, but between these, and the 6 giant coloring books that are on the floor of the closet, I think we're set:
I was hoping to fit my crafty stuff and office supplies in this third of the closet too, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Actually, when I look at this picture of these shelves, it doesn't look like as much as I thought, but I really don't think we need anything art related for Christmas.
It's a start anyway. In fact, I think I'll go organize the paperwork that's been piling up on the desk while I waited to get to the file box. I can reach in now, so there's no excuse...
8 comments:
And when you are done there you can come here.. UGG. And those beads... I know we have them. But with small children Maddie knows that she CAN NOT play with them unless they are in a container. I use the box that mom gave us with Gan sweatshirts in them. That way they can be closed in there quickly and left there.. nothing really to clean up. Try it!
I think you forgot to mention that you volunteered to be the PTO Co-Chair!! : ) You better get your butt organized!!
Yeah, I told the girls that I wasn't mad (as I was probably gritting my teeth), but that next time we play with those we need to put them on a cookie sheet or something. Up until yesterday they were only taking out a few at a time. Live and learn.
Oh yeah! I forgot about the PTO. I'm not really sure what exactly I've gotten myself into, but you're right, it's probably a good thing I'm getting the computer room in order!
you could start a craft store!
You are just NOT close enough for me to come over and color with the girls or scrapbook with some of that paper. I'm glad that you are getting things organized. As for the beads.....you told me you weren't moving that love seat for anything. It is amazing what a "few" toys will do to ones resolve.
Oma
You sicken me with your organization.
Yeah, I had to give in and move the love seat, but I have held out on the couch. Although it is bugging me just knowing there's a bunch of them under there...
Critch, somehow I just don't take Cassie for the unorganized type. I bet you live in a relitively uncluttered home yourself...That being said, I really do like to organize things. It is a little sick.
Oh, she is organized all right. A place for everything- all in its natural order. But having 3 rocks your world and you can't catch up as to putting those things in their order.
Post a Comment