Thursday, September 18

{the past month in pictures, and other stuff} - part 2

The day after we got home from Canada, Harland's mom came to stay with us. The girls really loved having Oma for a two week long sleep over. I am a really happy camper because I have shamelessly told Harland all summer that I was going to talk him into a new bed for us so his mother wouldn't have to sleep on an air mattress. Now we've got a nice, comfy king size bed (ahhhhhhhhhhhh), and our queen (which is actually pretty comfortable) is downstairs and ready for visitors. Thank you so much Karen for mentioning that your back was bothering you! That's all it took to push him over the edge. (And thanks to Dad for building us a frame to put it on!!!) Sorry Adi, but they've deemed the room downstairs "Oma's room", not "Adi's room". I guess you need to stay longer if you want dibs.

While she was here we had a mini birthday for the girls. They got to open lots of fun/silly presents and they thought it was pretty great (The woman on the right is Belle's roomate, Liz)...

We barely took any pictures while Karen was here. That is craziness and goes against everything that I am. I don't know what happened! So much for my rebel taking over on this one.

2 comments:

Critchlow said...

Can't comment on all of these but I wanted to say thank you for sharing. The dancing needs a little work but their enthusiasm for the whole thing is quiet remarkable.

I am extremely jealous of your new matress. And the pants they are dancing in- do they were those while working on the chain gang?

my rebel took over said...

I wish I got one of all three of them dancing together (all wearing those chain gang jammies, I might add). It took until the very end of a song to get Gracie in on the action and then she was frustrated because it was over. I do have that on video actually, I may have to post it.

I am LOVING a king size bed! I haven't slept this well in, well, seven years! Harland may have a different opinion about the bed, but don't listen to him! It is the best (and it wasn't that expensive either)!