Wednesday, March 19

we don't need no stinking diapers!

I am so excited to announce that we are a diaper free household! Ok, other than at bedtime, but does that really count? Abby wakes up dry 90% of the time but why make myself change her sheets at 3am for that 10%?? Anyway, last week I offered Grace some underwear after she went to the bathroom on her own, without me telling her and she was so excited! She's been a new woman ever since. Remember how we have been worried about her self-esteem already, at 3 years old?? Since she's been in underwear this round, she seems to have dropped alot of her "I can't" and "So and so doesnt' love me...won't love me if..." comments. Of course it hasn't even been a week, but the difference is definitely noticable. She is really proud of herself, and obviously we are too!

And with that I'm off to find some entertainment for the girls since they're starting to get into the kitchen cabinets.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

we knew she would do it!!! Congratulations Grace!! We are proud of you!

Critchlow said...

Alright! She did it. And of course wearing one at night doesn't count- I wear one occasionally at night. I mean who hasn't? Really? Hello...?

blue girl said...

Two comments.
one congratulations for you.
Two where is the "hard poo" story?
a little put out. (Get it?)

Sandra said...

I knew Grace got it from the Ponds. I heard that Harlando wears diapers still. Maybe one day he will progress to underroos.

I knew Gracie could do it. Let's go Gracie, now I want to see her drive the car.

my rebel took over said...

Grace tries to drive the car any chance she gets. I get in to drive and my windshield wipers are going and the hazards are always flashing!

blue girl...to get to the hard poop story you can either scroll to the bottom and click on "Older Posts" or on the right side under "Blog Archive" click on the one entitled "farewell to oma..."

HRP said...

Harland only wears pull-ups at night. He's a big kid now.

Critchlow said...

I am so embarrassed- Seriously this NOT a "Pond" thing.

bl said...

just wanted to say I like the scrapbook page, nicely done.