
Woohoo! After being on, off, then on again, it's official. We're heading to Disney in May!!!
We thought since we were either going to be staying with my parents or my brother (it's ending up to be my brother...thanks Jeff & Nikki!) for close to two months while we're between houses, it would be a good time to plan a trip so we're out of their hair for at least a little bit.
As it turns out, my brother's family and my parents were all about Disney too, so we're all renting a house in Orlando together! It'll be nice to be able to put the kids to bed at a decent hour and not feel confined to our rooms all night. We'll have our own pool that way too. And since we're a family that's a fan of our own cooking, this works out pretty well for us. Can you say London broil and steak sandwiches?? We've vacationed this way before and it's worked out great, so I know we're going to have a great time!
I can not wait! I have been dreaming of the day I'd take my kids to Disney for a very long time. I love it, I have great memories attached to my trip to Disney when I was a kid, and I'm so psyched to take the girls!!!
The girls have no idea what they're in for, but they know it must be good since Abby's been making up songs about Disney, and they've been pretending adventures they'll have there. I'm not sure who'll be more giddy...them or me. Now we just have to talk Chris into coming with us, even if Disney isn't really his cup of tea right now. Get it? Tea? As in, the Tea Cups ride???
As an added bonus, we're driving down. Ok, that would definitely be a bad thing if it didn't give us a chance to finally get to see our friends Bryan and Kalyn, who have lived on the east coast for a few too many years without us being successful at planning a trip to or with them. So the week before Disney we'll be in NC with them. K - I can not wait to have your undivided attention for a whole week(ok, so the 3 of your kids and 2 of mine might take up a smidgeon of our time)!
Off to feed the troops, or at least to give H puppy dog eyes so he'll feed us something yummy instead!
5 comments:
Wow, I'm jealous, can I hid in your suitcase?
I CAN NOT WAIT.. I think I might need to find a countdown clock for my blog!
Oooh...a countdown clock. I may have to steal that idea and put one on here too...
That is awesome. There is no place like Disney and the machine that they are. Good luck driving. I am jealous and wish we could go with- it's better when you have people to trade off and watch the kids while mom and dad ride indiana jones or tower of terror. Have fun.
PS: I just found out Disney hosts moab trips- I'm looking into it for our summer vaycay.
dont u want to come visit us too :)
Post a Comment