In my dream world, I would have had this post all ready to post right before I left their house over a week ago, but I'm not quite as organized as I wish I were...
Just want to say to my brother Jeff, Nikki, Maddie and Savannah (and not to be forgotton, my soon-to-be nephew) a huge thank-you for letting us barge into your home and throw off your routine while we were homeless. That's just the thing though. We weren't homeless at all. You all were so great and made us feel welcome and not like we were intruding. You know how someone tells you, "Yes! Absolutely, that will be fine." about anything and then you just get this feeling in the middle of it that it wasn't really all that fine with them? And then you find yourself wishing that they'd have just told you in the first place so you wouldn't be wishing you could get out of the situation now? We didn't feel that way at all in your home. I never once felt that you really would rather us not be there. I'm sure you were happy to get your home back to yourselves, but I (we) really appreciated everything you did to get ready for us to stay and everything you did while we were there.
I really loved having Maddie knock on our door just about every morning, and sharing meals here and there together. The girls were all so good together! They didn't argue over toys nearly as much as I thought they would. I'm really glad that we live only a whopping mile away so the girls don't have too big a separation issue, although right now I don't think they believe how close we live since they haven't been able to play much this past week.
I also really enjoyed being able to sit outside a couple times with you both minus all our kiddies and hang out. It was so nice!
I love you big brother. I love you Nikki. I love your kids. I can't wait to meet your son and love him too. Thanks for being my family.
4 comments:
can I barf now or do you have more coming?
"This one goes out to.."
What is this an REM song?
BORED...must...have...wit...and... and...posts!
Hello, is anyone out there?
Post a Comment