Saturday, June 7

are we there yet?

Are we all unpacked yet? Oh how I wish we were. I was hoping to do one room at a time start to finish, but haven't managed to do that, other than the kitchen and the girls' room. Abby got sick on Sunday night and was down for the count on Monday and then up and down until Thursday. We managed to all be healthy on Thursday, and even have Madison and Gabriel over to play, but poor Grace started throwing up Friday afternoon and she's still going. She's got it much worse than Abby did. Needless to say this has hindered my progress a bit.

I have made some progress in my bedroom. It's almost done. The linen closet, bathrooms, and laundry room are done. Gabriel and Madison even helped us unpack most of the toys downstairs when they were here. So at least we're getting somewhere.

I feel like we're just purging money, probably because we are. We don't own a lawn mower, so we bought one today (Thanks to Jeff and Nikki for letting us borrow their push mower until we made up our minds...H is out mowing the backyard as I type), our pilot light in our oven wasn't working right...$200 later it is now. I think in a year you'll see a post from me saying we should have just replaced it in the first place. We have to replace a pump in our laundry room that may be free from someone Harland works with, or may be another $200. Our TV is currently sitting on our coffee table, so we look like we live in a college dorm. So however much that's going to cost. Yikes!

It's worth it though. This is a great house and I'm really thrilled to have it. Once things settle down a bit and we stop the initial bleed of money going out, I'll appreciate it even more. I already feel like we have so much more space and right now we're only using two of the bedrooms. There's nothing in the one downstairs and the third one up here is still being used as the catch all. So I'm really excited that I feel that I have all this room, and I'm not even using some of it. Once I get the new (read: Mom and Dad's old ones) washer and dryer put in downstairs, I'm going to be one happy camper. I swear the ones they have now are older than me.

Ok, I'm rambling. We did have a little fun this week when people were feeling well enough. Here's the girls being put to work washing off some of their outdoor toys:



And Aunt Judy, I know you were concerned about how my cats are adjusting to the new house. Does Cheddar look stressed to you?



ps: So sorry if we end up passing this yuck that's going around our house onto anyone else!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

No yuck here yet. Here's hoping. We got the newsflash while we were at the beach today. Gabriel was unphased.

Critchlow said...

Isn't that always the case- get a new house and shell out 2k just to maintain it within the first month.

We are so happy for you. When you get it all to your liking take some photos and post them.

Skittles will be jealous you have a deck if that's what is in the background of the girl's washing photo.

Are they just excited about the new house?

my rebel took over said...

Sandra - Happy to hear you're yuck free so far. I heard your Mom wasn't so lucky. She always seems to catch what the girls have. Poor Nanny!

Critch - I'll probably post pics before I get it all settled so you can all give me opinions. Yes, that is a deck. It's seen better days, so eventually it needs some attention. The girls are pretty happy. They won't go downstairs alone, so I guess it's a good thing there's two of them since they will go together.