Things I love about the new house:
1. More room for the girls to play. Grace told me her favorite part of the house is her room, but she hates the color. She's advising us on what color to paint it.
2. More space for cooking. I've cooked more times than Harland so far! I know, I know. Hard to believe, but it's true! Grace loves to cook and there's finally room for her to help whenever she wants. (I highly recommend these step-stools for $8 at Ikea. Perfect height for little kitchen helpers. Not so great for use near a toilet. They're practically even with the rim of the bowl!)
3. Garage. Shed. Basement. Attic. "Can you feel the storage, I mean love, tonight?" And a bonus: Electricity in the detached garage and shed.
4. Lot's of shade to sit under while the kiddies play, or sun if that what you want.
5. Not housing my computer and paperwork in my bedroom anymore. Love, love, LOVE not having my paperwork staring at me while I'm trying to relax! I'm sitting at my desk as I type mid-mess and loving it. Here's what it looks like right now:
My desk is hidden behind boxes near the chair. I love that there's nothing on it right now. Soon to be filled with my bills and To Do lists. I'm thinking about blues/browns for this room. Maybe blue walls and brown accents. Not sure yet. Feel free to give out the color opinions. I'm lost when it comes to color.
Things I don't like and some things I hate:
1. I have to turn on a pump to drain my set tub EVERY load of wash I do. Hopefully soon to be remedied by an automatic pump.
2. Poison Ivy. I have yet to let the girls set foot in the backyard because of it. Poor Harland was the first victim. PI killer has been sprayed. Just waiting for it to work it's magic.
3. Having a garage behind the house is a wee bit annoying, but I knew that before we bought the place. Just not my favorite. But I AM happy to have a garage.
4. Today it was I kid you not, 90 degrees IN MY KITCHEN! And the AC has been running nonstop all day and is still going. I know it's hot out, but it hasn't cycled off at all. It was working before today, or possibly yesterday. I think a little repair service on the AC is in order.
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks to my Dad for coming over and installing the cat door to the basement tonight so my AC can stop being sucked down there. It probably took him 1.5x the norm to install because he had more than a little help (notice Grace's Home Depot "saw" so she could do just what PopPop was doing):
2 comments:
Oh the A/C. Always a battle at my house. Are you sure that the thermostat is not on a timer from the other people?? Or that it is on Fan only?? I have made those mistakes! I actually almost called for an SOS last year I was in tears on a day like today. Just to find out (before i called) that maddie had turned off my burner switch. I hope you get that working better. I will not be home most of today, but if you need to escape and dip in my pool you are more than welcome! You have a key or know where to find one!
You know I've been hearing a lot about the 90 degree weather out in NJ. To be honest- I don't much care.
Think about it- 90 degree heat or flooded house floating down the river that wasn't there 4 hours earlier?
I'd take 90 degree weather. Sorry no sympathy here.
Post a Comment