Monday, June 2

we're in!

I'm going to pass out, so just a quickie here. We closed on our house on Friday (um, top that birthday present people!), moved out of my brother's that day, and then moved out of our storage units on Saturday. I can NOT believe how many boxes were for the kitchen! It was a little ridiculous, but Mom can attest that I have a whole cabinet that's empty.

The kitchen is "done". The girls bedroom is "done". The living room is getting close if you don't count picture hanging and such. Our room we work on a couple boxes or duffle bags at a time. Harland actually waited until this morning to put together his office furniture (We had a little verbal wager over whether he would have it put together Friday night). We have access to the outside world via tv, phone and internet again (which means I have to suck it up and pay bills tomorrow). Just don't look in the third bedroom. It's where everything we didn't know exactly where to put went to die. That will probably be the last room that gets any love. I don't think the girls will let me go another day before I start unpacking their toys downstairs.

I have windows on all four sides of my house and a yard for my kids. I am one happy camper. Now if our oven would just light...

7 comments:

Adi said...

Awesome, congrats! Hope my room is set up! :)

Nikki said...

I can not believe the toys were not FIRST... Let us know when the house is clear of germs and we will come over to play! How is Abby?

Cindy said...

YAY! That's so exciting! I'm quite jealous at the moment. Congrats!

Sandra said...

Congrats, can't wait to see it.

Flying Cloud said...

Happy new house. We are both so happy for your family. I don't know if it was really fair that we ended up flip-flopping our housing arrangements. I'll take the four-sided windows any day. Enjoy the time in just sitting down and enjoying the fact that it is all yours and the banks.

Critchlow said...

Wish I could have been there to help you move. Really I do. Moving is fun and sometimes you get free pizza...although with moving my own brother (the chef) I would demand something a little bit more from his totally awesome new kitchen. But then those pilot lights...

By the way Adi- that third room where things go to die- that's yours- for the ANGEL OF DEATH.

my rebel took over said...

Thanks everyone!

Critch - Did I just hear you type that you LIKE moving? Crazy Crazy Crazy!

80 - Your room is currently mostly empty. An armoir and some baby toys I don't want the girls to find, and that's about it!