I can't believe I went just shy of a month without posting. It's sort of like if I tried to go 20 minutes without talking in one day. I can NOT do it! The girls passed on their ick to me and I was pretty much layed out for 6 days, last week we were in Canada, and in between I was either doing all the stuff I wasn't getting done while I was sick or getting ready to leave.
So here I am back in the blogging game. We had some ups and downs on this trip. I wanted to yell out "Can't we all just get along?!" to the three musketeers a few times a day, and it took us close to 11 hours to get home due to poorly planned construction, but during the ups we definitely had some fun. My favorite moment in Canada this trip: Walking through the Canada Day festivities at the park in town with the girls (read: Abby, Grace and Madison) and my Mom. There was a local group that sang every song that has the word "Canada" in it (There are 4, in case you were wondering). There's free food, balloons, hats, tattoos, stickers, etc. The girls are decked out in all this red Canadian pride and as we're walking through a crowd of people I hear Madison singing. I start to laugh and I nudge my Mom to listen too. I ask, "Hey Maddie, whatcha singin'?". She replies, in her outside voice I might add, "Yankee Doodle". I say, "Walk faster girls, we're about to get mobbed."
I'm not sure that's as funny sounding typed as it was in the moment, but it really was. I promise. Onto some pictures...
So here I am back in the blogging game. We had some ups and downs on this trip. I wanted to yell out "Can't we all just get along?!" to the three musketeers a few times a day, and it took us close to 11 hours to get home due to poorly planned construction, but during the ups we definitely had some fun. My favorite moment in Canada this trip: Walking through the Canada Day festivities at the park in town with the girls (read: Abby, Grace and Madison) and my Mom. There was a local group that sang every song that has the word "Canada" in it (There are 4, in case you were wondering). There's free food, balloons, hats, tattoos, stickers, etc. The girls are decked out in all this red Canadian pride and as we're walking through a crowd of people I hear Madison singing. I start to laugh and I nudge my Mom to listen too. I ask, "Hey Maddie, whatcha singin'?". She replies, in her outside voice I might add, "Yankee Doodle". I say, "Walk faster girls, we're about to get mobbed."
I'm not sure that's as funny sounding typed as it was in the moment, but it really was. I promise. Onto some pictures...
There are NO mermaids on Mermaid Island. Trust me. We looked everywhere...
Three little girls got their first fishing poles this year. Dora ones. (There was only one Barbie one, or that would have been the clear winner). And no, they do not have hooks. Weighted fish and a bobber. They were getting pretty good at casting. Actually, Maddie was awesome at it! We also learned that Jeff needs to relinquish his knot tying badge. He had to get in the water to recover Maddie's fish, and Grace's flew off onto the dock later. Don't worry, I've got video. Oh and Harland was showing off and wound Grace's fish around a tree. I've got a photo somewhere of him climing the tree to get it out. Another time.In the beginning we had a bit of rain. Not an amazing photo, but can you see the second rainbow to the left of the bigger one? Jeff and Nikki said out on the boat they could see the full arch of it. I've never seen a rainbow end to end. Awesome!
4 comments:
I love the cottage! But most of all I love going with my girls. All 3 of you. Thanks for a fun week. Can't wait to go again.
I think one of my favorite parts was playing the lifesize Candyland game with the girls.
We too had a great time. I will post my POV later today. And yes, the rainbow was a highlight for me, bummer I did not have my camera with me!
Finally you posted something..hehee. Looks like a bunch of fun!
Wow, finally. something new.
I did think that the canada story was funny.
lets see some more frequent postings please.
Post a Comment