Sunday, July 13

reason #267 to live near family...

...Sometimes you hit the gold mine and get their old stuff... for free!

Harland made me so happy this weekend. If you remember correctly one of the things I have previously said that I hate about this house is the laundry room. There was a pump under the set tub that I had to switch on after every load I put in the washer, and the machines themselves looks something like this:










My parents have front loaders now and two perfectly good machines in their garage, which they offered to us. Ahhhh, one less thing we have to buy right now. Thank you Mom and Dad!!!

Harland and my dad installed a new pump (a Grundfos pump, of course), and along with my brother Chris hauled the old machines up and out and the new machines in. It is so nice to use a washer that doesn't smell musty and yuck inside (not to mention the rust) and have the water pump up and out automatically! All for the cost of a few plumbing supplies.

I am one happy wife right now. Thanks for doing that for me Harland. Of course, a new bed would make me even happier (tee hee!)...

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow, Just love appliance posts.

So did your mom give you the metal one or the wooden one?

Yes, harland take the hint. If you get the wifey new appliances she wants a bed, do it now.

Nikki said...

Now you just have to convince him that the washer and dryer need to be right next to eachother. Make him do his own wash for a long time.. he might give in! Mom and Dad are great for things like this! I thank them for crib mattresses this week!

HRP said...

I offer for Nikki to come do our wash. I know she loves it.
As for the bed. one big investment at a time.
I'll save any lame jokes about happy wives and replacing beds to myself.

my rebel took over said...

I think I'll stick to doing Harland's laundry. Two reasons: I think that falls under my job description and I don't want to have to buy him new clothes after he's washed them! (j/k Harley...I know you can do laundry!)

Umm...what might the current big investment be??? I must have missed something, and the house doesn't count!

Anonymous said...

awesome! Wish we had generous family nearby too!