Monday, February 28

overheard...

Overheard in the girls room right now (Having my computer in the room right next to them is proving very interesting for me):

Abby: Grace.  I am tired.
Grace: (Telling Abby something I didn't really catch)
Abby: Grace.  When I say I'm tired, what I mean is I want to go to sleep.
Grace: (Still telling Abby something I can't really make out.  I'm not really sure she's actually talking TO her.  Sounds like just talking out loud to no one in particular to me).
Abby: (Getting a little perturbed now) Grace.  When I say I want to go to sleep, what I mean is stop talking to me.
Grace: Stop means go.
Abby: (Moving on to irritated) Grace.  When I say I'm tired and stop talking, you should stop talking to me.  You know?  Really.  You should just stop talking to me because I said I'm tired. (And then repeated herself quickly about 3 times in a very I-am-instructing-you-in-proper-etiquette kind of way).
Grace: Goooooooooooo!
Abby: (On the cusp of yelling, but not quite): Grace!  Not go!  Stop!
Grace: So stop means go.
Abby: No Grace!  Don't go!  Stop!
Grace: Gooooooooo!
Abby: What do you think we'll do at Girl Scouts tomorrow?
Grace: Abby.  I'm tired.

I'm chuckling just typing this up.  I don't think they'll be sharing a room when they get older.  Farewell spare bedroom that houses my computer and all the peripherals.  So long big storage closet.  So long easy access to arts and craft supplies for the girls and me.  So long convenient storage for my vacuum cleaner and plastic bags.  So long place to hide the stuff I didn't get around to when company comes over.  It was nice while it lasted.  Se la vie!

No comments: