Overheard in the girls' room just now:
Grace (while rummaging through drawers): Hmmmm...What should I wear tonight? (I assume she wound up pointing to something of Abby's at this point)
Abby (With just a hint of I'm-In-Charge in her voice): Just don't wear anything of mine Grace, because, you know...It's mine.
Grace (With just a smidge of whine in her voice) What about your purple Christmas dress from last year, Abby?
Abby: No, Grace. It has short sleeves anyway. And it's too cold for short sleeves. And beside, it's mine.
Exit Abby.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh boy, it starts. Harland asked Grace to go on a date with him tonight. She wants to get all dolled up for it.
I've been noticing these little conversations here and there. They're becoming possesive of things now. I don't have a sister, so I have no understanding of how this is going to work as they get older, but I have a feeling I'm going to be holed up in my computer room trying to pretend I'm not hearing a lot of it. Either that or huddled on my closet floor with a good book, hoping they don't ask me to settle every. little. dispute. And I think you'll find Harland huddled right there next to me.
Somebody save me!
2 comments:
Coming from a family of only sisters, the rule was this:
If it was new, the OWNER had to be the first one to wear it. After they you still had to ask, but it was more likely that you would get a yes.
Good luck.
Clothing experience from living with 5 sisters:
Tough Love. It all depends on the mood of the person, and believe me, they LOVE the power feeling and will totally hold it over you.
Post a Comment