Tuesday, February 15

it's official...

Abby and Grace officially became Girl Scouts today!  They had to recite the Girl Scout promise by themselves and then their leader, Jill, pinned their Daisy Scout pin on and gave them their first petal patch!  They are so excited about Girl Scouts and that just does my heart good.  I loved Girl Scouts growing up too.  I just have such good feelings and memories about it.  I had the same girls and leaders all the way into high school.  I loved them!  We had SO much fun together.  We particularly enjoyed tormenting the leader that was driving us on road trips.  Ahhh...the memories.  The more I think about it, the more I feel bad for the leaders, actually.

I'm so proud of them!


Both girls focused on my mom while they recited the promise.  They were a little nervous.  Abby just locked eyes with her.  Grace looked at her and tapped her foot.  They're already better public speakers than I am!

And if you're interested, I have two little girls selling nuts and candy now.  (Let it begin..Ha!)

3 comments:

Emilie said...

How fun. I never did girl scouts as a kid. I'm excited to hear about all the adventures it brings.

Lanenga Family said...

Haha. Cute. I love how Grace's is hanging off her shoulders... they'll have so much fun!

Jenny and Brett said...

Sounds like fun! They look cute in their girl scout smocks.