Tuesday, November 2

halloweenie trunk or treat extravaganza...

Try teaching a six year old to say that!  That was the official name of our Trunk or Treat party on Saturday.  Our friend, Kirk, likes to make the names for activities we have at church sound much more interesting, so he comes up with things like the Halloweenie (We ate chili dogs, get it?) Trunk or Treat Extravaganza.  And of course I can't think of some of the other greats off the top of my head, but there were some goodies.

Anyway, this is a seriously Halloween-centric weekend for us.  School party and parade yesterday, Extravaganza on Saturday, and Trick or Treating on the big day.  We like to get the most out of our costumes.

On Friday was the school parade:

Dr. Madison, DMD {Every dentist wears open toed heels, right?}

Princess/Queen Grace {All depends if the colar is up or down, according to her}:

Madison {my brother's daughter} again:

Ninja master Abby.  Also the royal ninja guard for princess/queen Grace:

A friend from preschool and Abby's class this year.  I just like her costume.  It fits her personality to a T, I think.

She was so thrilled to be carrying her class's banner:

I couldn't back up far enough to get all the kids in without having a bunch of parents in the shot.  I think the teachers are pretty good sports to actually stand still and let us take pictures of them {this is the first year they did the group shot thing}.

Grace's teachers:

Abby's teachers {Yes, the pink one is the same person.  She works in both classes, as does the blue crayon}:

Saturday night was the official Halloweenie Trunk or Treat Extravaganza.  I forgot to have someone take a picture of Harland and I.  Harland was a pirate (see the girls' birthday post from last year) and I went as the treasure map.  The car looked much better in the dark with the lanterns and ghosts all lit up:
Next year I think we'll invest in a fog machine.

Halloween wouldn't be complete without trick or treating with Luke and Brody.  It's tradition, after all...


William joined us this year.  His costume is a cute baby:

Christy and William:



Terry and Harland

 Brody Frankenstein

This is one of, if not my favorite from the day.  Grace and Luke:

Dressing up like a cute baby is exhausting...


Poor Brody, it wasn't very nice of me to make him try to smile at me into the sun.

Indiana Luke had the same problem.  I'm learning guys!

This is my other favorite from the day...it's that backlighting I'm obsessing about...

If you've made it through all these pictures, please give yourself a nice pat on the back.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Your pictures are awesome!!!

Sandra said...

Trunk or treats are the greatest! I like the way you did you're trunk. We never have time to decorate the way I wanted to. The fog machine sounds like a great idea, hmmm. Where to find a discounted fog machine for myself......