Wednesday, May 26

i wanted this title to be...

...wish you were here.

With a photo something along these lines:




And I wanted it to say, "Yup, we're in Disney!  I'll catch you up on what a great time we're having when we get back!"...  But I need a new blog title.  Something along the lines of "the fastest way to ruin an amazing family vacation".  I think that about sums it up.

Day 2 of vacation I woke up and struggled through Epcot.  Ended up with a nice fever and slept all afternoon (once we got home anyway).  I did a pretty good job pretending I was just dandy in that photo, if I do say so myself.

Day 3:  We're supposed to hit Sea World.  But I'm sure I've got strep or at least an ear infection to warrant some kind of antibiotic, so I headed to one of those minute clinics, but the test was negative.  I do however apparantly have little ulcers in my throat that she informed me would be more painful than strep.  Yeah, I'm onto that idea.  She prescribes some "magic mouthwash" that doesn't work at all for me.  They decided to go to Hollywood Studios instead because I really didn't want to miss Sea World, but I'm glad they didn't stay home for me, because I just slept and felt a lot better by the afternoon.  Of all our stops on this trip, that was the one I was least upset about missing.

Day 4: (AKA Today): So much for feeling better.  By the time I went to bed last night, I couldn't swallow again.  Everytime I swallowed, I woke up.  Lovely.  My fever's mostly gone, but the pain is now in the top of my throat and my mouth.  I'll spare you the details, but it's painful and it sucks.  We did go to Sea World though since other than that, I felt a lot better now that the fever's under control.

How could I miss moments like this?


Those are the faces of two little girls that just got to feed and touch dolphins.  That's the best pain medication anyone could have given me.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  (I'll upload video when I get home.)  Grace now wants to be a dolphin trainer.  I love when a dream is born.

Headed back to the doctor in the morning and then to meet up with everyone at Animal Kingdom.  Hopefully I'll wake up in the morning magically cured.  It could happen, right?

1 comment:

Flying Cloud said...

I feel sorry that you have now obtained a vicious allergy to Disney World. I don't know if you will be able to ever go there gain. Every time you go it just gets worse...your immunity starts falling apart. Perhaps the way to get over it is to go with other family members to help you.
Hope that you are feeling better.
kp