April 1st was gorgeous so we met Nikki and her neighbor at the reservoir. This was Tyler's first time playing at the beach:
He decided to go for a dip in the freezing water:
Then we took all the shiny new bikes, and my old trusty for a ride. (The girls got new bikes this year too). I now call my bike the old lady bike since Harland has this awesome mountain bike and the girls have super cool Barbie bikes, and now mine has been outfitted with a basket on the front and a rack on the back so I can be the pack horse. Welcome to my basket-cam:
We made the mistake of allowing the girls to have water on their bikes. They stopped every 10 feet for the first bit to take a sip until we revoked that privilege:
Action shot. At least I can still ride with one hand. Not too sure about no hands yet:
This is my favorite photo of the year so far. I couldn't pose this one if I wanted to. We went on a half hour bike ride people. 30 minutes! And half way through we stopped and played by the river for a bit! We got to the other end of the parking lot from our car and Abby just started to cry. She cried all the way back to the car and just let herself coast right up next to it and flopped over the front of her bike. I wish I had video because Harland and I were almost beside ourselves laughing. I know. We're terrible parents:
I just like this girl(April 3rd):
more of April to come later...Time to play with the girls...
5 comments:
That looks like my idea of a perfect day! And I definitely think you should get a Barbie bike!
Man it has been so cold here I'm jealous to see the shorts and sand and water. Seems wierd as compared to the dead trees in the back.
I love Grace's cowgirl outfit. Too cute!
Still loving the crying bike picture which I imagine might still be a sore subject with Abby.
love the idea of you on your old lady bike... actually, i just love the idea of an old lady bike.... must find one!
AND... i just added you on goodreads! i'm always looking for good books!
Post a Comment