Can you see how much that cedar tree on the right is bending under the weight?
5:45 p.m. Right after I finally gave up:
Round two took longer. After I finished the part of the driveway I did (keeping in mind our driveway is over 200 feet), I had to go over it again because there was another couple inches. I'm really bad at judging amounts, but I'm thinking we got 17ish inches? I'll measure tomorrow. Grace isn't feeling too well and she only lasted out there for about 20 minutes, but she wasn't too thrilled about being in the house by herself. Another reason I'm wishing H was home. We curled up in our pajamas and watched Night At the Museum 2 before bed. I'm loving my couch right now and I'm about to go feel some love for my bed.
i.heart.snow.
...I'll be ready for spring next week.
2 comments:
I'm slightly jealous. Not for the shoveling part, but because we need our air cleaned!
Okay, so seriously, I don't want to be obnoxious but the east coast gets 2 feet of snow and suddenly everything shuts down...it is on the news- even in the west about how bad it is. Now I am sure it is cold and wet and an inconvenience. But we get hit with about 3-5 of these types of storms every year. I wake up, clear the drive way and head off to work- no matter how much snow. I can only remember being sent home once due to snow. And there are at least 3 days a year where the commute in and out will be a total of 8 hours in the day.
It happens and we all just move along. But Washington has to shut down? I can't seem to understand why it affects east coasters so badly. Sounds more like a convenient excuse to get out of work. But having lived in both areas and now as a snow bound utahn I ain't buying it. If the east wants to have "our storms are worse than your storm" competitions I think that the east is bound to be the loser. I mean how many years has Boston dealt with this? They don't seem to shut down either.
I'm glad you are enjoying the snow! It can get old. And if this is going to be the norm for Jersey now I'd say go invest in a snow blower- especially with 200 feet to cover. Your back will thank you. And your kids will think it's fun. Good luck and get that bum of a husband back in town to do the manual labor :)
(you know I didn't mean it Harhar. Remember what we went over...look in the mirror and repeat, "I am not a bum. I am more of a crook." and don't forget to raise your hands in the peace sign ;) )
Post a Comment