Wednesday, July 22

while eating my breakfast...

I stumbled on this little gem. Jon Schmidt is an AMAZING pianist that has composed some, no, most of my favorite modern pieces. I had the privilege of seeing him perform when I was a teenager and learned that he's a great story teller too. Anyway, here's just a fun arrangement he's written (at least stick around to approximately 3min, 40seconds to see how amazing his finger work is!):



And just for fun, here's one of his most popular original compositions. I belive our Miss Adriel can play this one. Or is it a different one?

If this doesn't make you want to play the piano, I don't know what will. (Seriously, just watch the motion blur on the dude's fingers):

6 comments:

Adi said...

Oh i totally should have told you about this song, isn't it great. Another great one from him is Pachabel Meets U2, it is soooo good!!!!

Lanenga Family said...

I love Jon Schmidt! We saw him in Utah a couple years back. All of his songs are so good. I like his song "I do" where he has someone sing. It was on our wedding cd--yes, corny I know :)

Nicole said...

Beautiful... Madison really loved it too! I have never heard of him before.

my rebel took over said...

Is All of me one of the ones you can play Adi?

Now that I'm looking at it, I'm thinking the second video is some random person playing the song, not John Schmidt. But whatever, the guy can play!

Adi said...

i do have the music for this, but it is not my strongest song of his. One of my interns, plays songs just him and is amazing. He did a twist on All of Me called, None of Me and it is pretty good...his name is Jason Black. And he plays the piano backwards, better than I have ever seen before.

Jenny and Brett said...

I Love John Schimdt also! I love, love piano music. I prefer over most anything else. Too bad I am not the best at playing though.