Monday, February 23

a little grace story...again...

*Cute Grace story alert*
Harland was in Germany and London for 7 days (Friday to Friday last week). The girls were absolute angels until the last two days, so I can't really complain. I actually can't believe how easy they were on me, considering my previous post about the books I'm reading tells you that they've been slipping into a less attractive phase. Anyway, we were putting them to bed Friday night after he got back, and after we sang to them, Harland asks Grace if she likes the surprises he brought her (A litte stuffed mouse with huge feet, some Gummy Bears and a stuffed English Bull dog which currently holds the coveted sleeping space on Grace's bed).
Grace lists off all the little things he brought and then says, "But the best surprise of all, is this hug!" She then proceeds to give him a bear hug. It was seriously sweet. I'll admit I got a little teary...

4 comments:

Adi said...

That is pretty cute!
But what how about the great visit which totally kept you sane!???! hellooooo? A little appreciation here, after all Harland did pay me to come up! JK :)

Nikki said...

I understand the teary moments. I get teary everytime Maddie does something nice for Savannah. Or everytime Savannah tries to play with Tyler. The love for eachother is so awesome. Let the teary eyes continue!

Flying Cloud said...

Thanks for sharing. These are the moments that make all the other "bad" ones worth it. It seems that some of those moments come when you least expect them and when you might need them the most.
Oma

Adi said...

Notice how the mom's were much more sentimental than the single one! hahah